ℹ️
Welcome to the archive of the old FlatPress support forum. Browse more than a decade of FlatPress wisdom! Login is disabled.

The current FlatPress support forum is available here: forum.flatpress.org
Changing the date of a post
  • In this post there are guidelines for changing the date of a post. The article speaks of a TIMESTAMP field. In .1010 there doesn't appear to be such a field in the *.txt files. Is it sufficient to do the following?
    • Move the post to its new directory with its new name.
    • Run the Rebuild Index from the maintenance menu.
  • Others please jump in and suggest something better but if I want to change the date - at the time of posting - then the datechanger plugin does what I need. If I need to change the date of an old post then I just go into edit mode and copy the source code into a brand new entry. The datechanger plugin only works if you want to change the date of a post when you first create it.
  • the timestamp field is the DATE field; also as Stanley suggests, the datechanger plugin is the preferred way to use a custom date for a new post. Those listed in the post are not really 'guidelines', they're more a "checklist" of what an hypothetical plugin or function should do, and it is meant to show why it is not a really good idea ;)
  • Oh, I see. I can regenerate the DATE field using POSIX::mktime() to make it match the new name of the file. After doing that, is it sufficient to run the Rebuild Index from the maintenance menu ? I can see another is:
    • Create a new post using the DateChanger plugin with the new date, and paste the content from the old post.
    • Delete the old post.
  • quietdragon said: After doing that, is it sufficient to run the Rebuild Index from the maintenance menu ?

Yes, unless the post has a entryYYMMDD-hhmmss/ dir associated, then you have to rename/move that as well.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion