ℹ️
Welcome to the archive of the old FlatPress support forum. Browse more than a decade of FlatPress wisdom! Login is disabled.

The current FlatPress support forum is available here: forum.flatpress.org
Install FP in/on website
  • Is it possible to install the FlatPress blog script within the body tags of a webpage ? Just trying the FlatPress out of the box in WAMP and I get the following response:- "Not Authorized. You're not allowed to browse this folder. Back to home page." I am not an expert. Can I get the FlatPress to work locally on WAMP ?
  • The answer is yes, absolutely - I run it on WAMP (on XP Pro) without a hitch. You're running it in a sub-folder of WAMP's www directory, right? Sounds like a windows security setting on the folder to me, but I'm no expert on that front.
  • are you trying to browse to /flatpress/setup/ directly? you have to simply browse to /flatpress/ to begin the setup process
  • Browsing to http://localhost/FlatPress/ and that is when I get the "Not Authorized. You're not allowed to browse this folder. Back to home page." I am still adrift!
  • Just eliminating the obvious... when you left-click the Wamp icon in the task bar does it say "Put offline" at the bottom (if it says "Put online" then click it). Which OS are you using. XP?
  • what confuses me is the wording. That's the message I setup for the /setup/index.php and /admin/index.php pages... I'd suggest to verify whether the archive you unpacked is corrupt; that is, try and reinstall from a freshly-downloaded package
  • Offline or online getting the same result with the FlatPress package! Other items that I have in WAMP working as expected. The OS is Windows 7.
  • I'd strongly suggest to download the package anew
  • Thanks, NoWhereMan - knew you were SomeWhere. Any reason that the .tar.bz2 could cause me a problem being that I am not familiar with the thing? Anyway I am now trying the download again.
  • Not having any luck with this .tar.bz2 thing. Is it available anywhere to grab as a Compressed (zipped) Folder (.zip)
  • No, there isn't. However if you are on Windows you can use 7-zip that is GPL (free) software. On Linux/Unix there is the tar command and on Mac I don't know.
  • I tried the 7-Zip 9.20 .exe for 32-bit Windows yesterday, but I had no luck with it!
  • I download the FlatPress file and save using 7-Zip. When I double click on the download file I just get a microsecond flash on the screen and nothing more! I cant figure out!
  • 7zip setup does not associate the files. You have to open the archive by the main window of 7-zip or you have to open 7-zip and click options -> file types (or a similar thing, I don't remember now).
  • Gave up on 7zip. Used PeaZip.....not sure if successful..... in WAMP I now get the following messages:- Warning: include(fp-includes/core/includes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\flatpress\index.php on line 4 Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'fp-includes/core/includes.php' for inclusion (include_path='C:\wamp\www\flatpress/') in C:\wamp\www\flatpress\index.php on line 4 Fatal error: Call to undefined function utils_redirect() in C:\wamp\www\flatpress\index.php on line 11 Am I making any progress?
  • looks like you are still missing files: flatpress\fp-includes\core\includes.php
  • Hi Guys,
    Made a new attempt on getting the Flatpress out of the box today and hi presto - succeeded this time. Used a sharp knife this time. Sorry about the hard work that I made of it in the past. That is the trouble with us newbies we have to break everything first!

Moderator could clear the conversation that took place between the 13th Sept and the 17th Sept as it is probably of little help to visitors.

I will go back to the start and make my first enquiry again. Is it possible to install the FlatPress blog script within the body tags of a webpage ? That is can the Flatpress be attached as an addition to an existing website to facilitate blogging? Somebody might expand on how such enablement might be achieved! A little dit of explaining at this stage might prevent me from breaking everything first. Thanks in advance.
  • Had a look around the flatpress earlier when I ran it in wamp. It accessed perfectly for me then. When I went back to it I get the following message:
    Warning: include(fp-includes/core/includes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\flatpress\index.php on line 4
    Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'fp-includes/core/includes.php' for inclusion (include_path='C:\wamp\www\flatpress/') in C:\wamp\www\flatpress\index.php on line 4
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function utils_redirect() in C:\wamp\www\flatpress\index.php on line 11
    Have some files disappeared (No such file or directory) !
    What prevents this from happening?
  • The reason that I am looking at the Flatpress is that I am building a website for a Community Project and they have recently asked if a discussion forum could be added.
    I am seeking a solution that might work like this. Here
  • Of course you can!  I did so to two existing websites:

http://www.saynotogmos.org/ud2011/   (2011 Updates in the main navigation)
    http://www.stopcta.info/flatpress11/   (Factoids in the main navigation)

You will have to know enough html/css to be able to customize the template to suit your needs but it can be done.  Those two installations are seamless.  :)
  • Thanks golinux.
    Your sites look good and the Flatpress is seamless. That is exactly what I want to do. I am not under pressure at the moment as I have indicated that such a thing can be achieved on an existing website. It gives me some time to get my ducks in a row and get an understanding of the flatpress.

Is there any documentation (tutorial material) available that would give some direction on achieving same!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion