ℹ️
Welcome to the archive of the old FlatPress support forum. Browse more than a decade of FlatPress wisdom! Login is disabled.

The current FlatPress support forum is available here: forum.flatpress.org
/externlink
  • This month for the first time I'm seeing /externlink appended to a majority of the 404 entries in my AWStats.  These entries are connected to established flatpress sites that have been up for years.  What's up with that?
  • No ideas?  I checked stats from past months and even last year and this is completely new.
  • Isn't that because someone is trying to reach a page with that on the end, not because of something which FP is doing.

The only place I know of that externlink is used in FP is in my own version of the BBCode plugin, but I checked my own logs and couldn't see anything similar to what you're seeing. It's only used as a class name there anyway - I can't see how it would affect anything.

• Maybe all those pr0n and Russian bride sites have a new way to spam the referrers stats and get their URL data somewhere online? 

Here's an example.  The referrer url is:

http://www.stopcta.info/flatpress11/index.php/2011/03/14/crunching-data/externlink

An that link is translated by the server as:

/flatpress11/index.php/2011/03/14/crunching-data/externlink

After several years, this just started happening this month.  My 404s are growing exponentially.  No one else seeing this behavior?

Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion