ℹ️
Welcome to the archive of the old FlatPress support forum. Browse more than a decade of FlatPress wisdom! Login is disabled.

The current FlatPress support forum is available here: forum.flatpress.org
Limit Login Attempts
  • I was thinking about this the other day when reading another topic asking if FlatPress is safe. 

What about a plugin to limit the number of unsuccessful login attempts to the control panel? 

If anyone is interested to develop such a plugin, I figured it could be a great addition that would make FlatPress even more secure. 
  • uhm, I don't think there are hooks for that, but I'm not sure
  • I talked about a plugin, but it could be a feature of its own in an upcoming update of FlatPress. Just throwing the idea out there. :)
  • There is already!
    For the moment it's in Italian only...
  • I just installed it on my Blog, it works great and it's already in English! :)

Thanks there!
  • You're welcome :-)
    The plugn has English language but the description is in Italian.

However it says just that the default block is for 3600 seconds (1 hour) after 5 wrong logins, but you can modify these numbers on the file of the plugin (there are two constants).

If you're blocked but you are the admin of the site you can delete the file fp-content/%%anti_bruteforce.txt and then you can login again.

The control is based on IP adresses and sessions. It doesn't block definitely the administrator, however an update could be that after n (for example 100) logins the login is blocked for everybody...
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion