ℹ️
Welcome to the archive of the old FlatPress support forum. Browse more than a decade of FlatPress wisdom! Login is disabled.

The current FlatPress support forum is available here: forum.flatpress.org
Disciple theme
  • There's a new theme on the wiki! It has 3 columns and 5 different styles, but I'm thinking of making some other... Just before the upload I have found something missing, and I hope I have fixed it in every style! So, if you encounter something strange (like some color that shouldn't be there), please let me know and I'll fix it... I'll let you know for the new styles!
  • E s p e c t a c u l a r! 10!!!!
  • Posted By: marcoverga86if you encounter something strange

First, it works with SVN 177 :) Next, hm, how should I say? 73 Validation errors, Doctype "XHTML 1.0 Transitional" instead of "XHTML 1.0 strict". And last, did you try this theme on WindowsXP with "large font 120dpi" (which is used by people with poor eyesight)? I mean fixed font size 13px... Edit:// I forget to mention, that I didn't found links in the administration area back to "home" or "logout".
  • lol @laborix you're killing him :D
    Posted By: laborixFirst, it works with SVN 177 :)

no changes in SVN as far as themes are concerned
    Posted By: laborixNext, hm, how should I say? 73 Validation errors, Doctype "XHTML 1.0 Transitional" instead of "XHTML 1.0 strict". And last, did you try this theme on WindowsXP with "large font 120dpi" (which is used by people with poor eyesight)? I mean fixed font size 13px...

many other themes do not validate (like flux IIRC), and the transitional doctype is not that bad really, but it is worse that despite that, it's still got all those validation errors :D Beside this, that theme is a port so you shouldn't blame Marco for not using a scalable font :P (and I think all of those validation errors are not entirely his fault either) bye
  • Posted By: NoWhereManBeside this, that theme is aportso you shouldn't blame Marco for not using a scalable font :P

Oh, I'm sorry, I forget to wash my glasses on my nose... All people who have not a poor eyesight, please, think about people with poor eyesight :)
  • Yeah laborix, your killing me!!! First, I never thought of taking a look at the validation errors (I don't even think of being capable of correcting them!), but on one thing you're wrong... 'Cause Home and Logout links are always in the top right corner... I was thinking to put them near the submenu tab (outside of the white part), but I didn't get it... Another time! If you're able to do that, feel free to correct the validation errors and upload the "validated" theme on the wiki...
  • please chill out, guys
  • Laborix, before you get "angry" again... I'm thinking about porting another theme, but I've one question... How can I make the font text not in fixed size?
  • Posted By: marcoverga86Laborix, before you get "angry" again...

Hm, I'm not angry. I test websites for some people if they are conform to the W3C recommendation and WCAG. For german sites I test against the BITV, the german rules for people with disabilities. So, my first check is ever a check for CSS and (X)HTML validation ;)
    Posted By: marcoverga86How can I make the font text not in fixed size?

You can use "%" or "em" to make a font scalable. CSS sample 1: { font-size: 100%;} CSS sample 2: { font-size: 1em;} If you use "em" so you can say: "1em is equal to 16px". Firefox (Netscape/Seamonkey) and Safari use per default 16px and ignore the "em" in the CSS file, but they scale the font size like "2em = 32px". Internet Explorers up to Version 6 have problems with "px". The can't scale font sizes in "px" per default. You must use the IE settings for people with disabilities (default: deactivated). Konqueror and Opera use the "%" and "em" in the CSS file without any problems, also the "px" setting :)
  • Ok! Thanks man!
  • I tried this theme and it looks good with FireFix 3.0 and Opera 9.62. Unfortunately it does not work properly on IE6. The right sidebar is moved to below the posted entries.
  • Just like Snoods do... I noticed yesterday on another pc... Unfortunately I don't have IE6, so I coulnd't make tests! :(
  • This discussion has been closed.
    All Discussions
    Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

In this Discussion