New admin theme [Beta][Responsive][Boostrap]

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
dajare

Re: New admin theme [Beta][Responsive][Boostrap]

Post by dajare » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:31 pm

P.s. Further on the Sceditor (continuing from previous post) - (3) I couldn't resize the editing area dragging the bottom-right corner. It did nothing. :/

franah

Post by franah » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:53 pm

There are a few typos in the text (and a bit of mixed language! ;) ) that could use some tidying up. That's pretty easy, of course.
Which typos, and which mixed languague? Can you show me, to fix them?
it doesn't seem to like including images unless they are sized (??)
The size of the image is optional.
editing the menu gives strange results, sometimes giving raw BBcode (!), sometimes not, but I can't seem to convince it to save a *list*.
Yes, there are problems when you try to edit the menu with the Sceditor.
I wonder if it's worth adding a "max-width" rule for the IMG CSS, as on a laptop/desktop monitor scale, getting images zoomed almost to full screen is a bit too much. (For example, in the "Style" preview under "Themes".)
Yes, it is a bug, I will fix in the next release. :)
I couldn't resize the editing area dragging the bottom-right corner. It did nothing. :/
No you cant, I want to create an option to resize the editing area.

I think, you dont like the SCeditor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the options menu there is an option to switch between BBCode and HTML. I think I will add an option to disable the editor.

dajare

Post by dajare » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:47 am

franah wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:53 pm I think, you dont like the SCeditor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well ... actually ... I don't like BBcode!! :o ;)
In the options menu there is an option to switch between BBCode and HTML. I think I will add an option to disable the editor.
I wonder if there would be some mileage using MarkItUp. When Wolf CMS was in active development, it used this to good effect, as it meant that you could incorporate a number of "text filters" (Markdown, Textile, even BBcode, whatever!) relatively simply. Maybe this is something to look at for a future release?

I'll try to get to the typo things soon (I'm a bit busy just now). Maybe I could fork your repo in Github, too? What would be easier for you? UPDATE: Actually, I just posted them in the Issues list at the Github repo. Hope that helps!

dajare

Post by dajare » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:53 pm

dajare wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:47 am
franah wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:53 pm I think, you dont like the SCeditor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well ... actually ... I don't like BBcode!! :o ;)
But after a bit more experimenting with the new back end, I can confidently say ... No, I don't like the SCeditor either. It insists on injecting a string every time you try to edit a post:

Code: Select all

<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="display: none; line-height: 0;"> </span>
And this (it seems) ruins any Markdown rendering, which defeats the purpose of the Markdown plugin (you so brilliantly resurrected!). There is a workaround: to toggle the "View Source" mode from the SCEditor toolbar, remove that string, and continue editing from that view. But this is quite cumbersome, and I would happily live without the SCeditor. Or at least it would be good to be able to opt-out! ;)

franah

Post by franah » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:32 am

Actually, I just posted them in the Issues list at the Github repo
Fixed :D
But this is quite cumbersome, and I would happily live without the SCeditor.
I added an option in the options menu to disable the editor. Is the same select option to change between BBCode and HTML. An a Capture:
Captura21.PNG
Captura21.PNG (5.28 KiB) Viewed 12003 times
So, you can go back to the original flatpress editor :D
I wonder if there would be some mileage using MarkItUp. When Wolf CMS was in active development, it used this to good effect, as it meant that you could incorporate a number of "text filters" (Markdown, Textile, even BBcode, whatever!) relatively simply. Maybe this is something to look at for a future releas
I have and idea. Include a MarkDown editor inside the MarkDown plugin (MarkItUp editor), and you can choose if you want enable or disable in the plugin config panel. I think I can easily include a MarkDown editor in the plugin.. Do you like the idea?

P.D. I pushed the new files in github, so you can download the admin theme with the new changes.

franah

Post by franah » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:52 am

I couldn't resize the editing area dragging the bottom-right corner. It did nothing. :/
Fixed :D Now you can resize the editing area.

dajare

Post by dajare » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:35 am

franah wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:32 am P.D. I pushed the new files in github, so you can download the admin theme with the new changes.
Nice! 👍 I'll keep using the issues list there for further niggles as I notice them, rather than clogging up this forum.
franah wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:52 am
Fixed :D Now you can resize the editing area.
Also nice! 👍 Although I noticed that when the "Source" view is used, then you have a very narrow "soft wrap" margin on the right, for me about half-way across the editing area. Strange that it should be so narrow, and it cannot be "dragged" or resized either. Does SCEditor have a wrap-margin setting? Can it be % or "max" or something?

franah

Post by franah » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:56 am

Also nice! 👍 Although I noticed that when the "Source" view is used, then you have a very narrow "soft wrap" margin on the right, for me about half-way across the editing area. Strange that it should be so narrow, and it cannot be "dragged" or resized either. Does SCEditor have a wrap-margin setting? Can it be % or "max" or something?
It was a bug. Now fixed.

Open the file admin.css in admin/res => admin/res/admin.css and add this:

Code: Select all

.sceditor-container textarea {
    max-width: 100% !important;
}

dajare

Post by dajare » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:16 pm

franah wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:56 amIt was a bug. Now fixed.
8-) It sure is — thanks!

vodka

Post by vodka » Sun May 17, 2020 1:09 pm

Arvid wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:18 am Knowing the disadvantages (JS libs may be outdated after time and have to be replaced), I still prefer to be independent. My website should work even if major CDNs are down (which happened!).
This issue is trasparent for users (the browser cache is here)
Arvid wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:18 am As a little teaser for the readers here: franah may have found a great editor which seems to fit our needs quite well. I'm sure he will tell here if everything works as expected :)
Please, KISS and light, expand the editor with few bbcodes and put others editor in external plugin.