[feature request] frontpage enhancement

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
vodka

[feature request] frontpage enhancement

Post by vodka » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:50 am

The frontpage plugin is a nice addon to the standard base, but it not allow custom design, so all pages look the same... it's possible to create a new tpl only for the frontpage? In the controll panel who need it can activate/deactivate this option.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: [feature request] frontpage enhancement

Post by Arvid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi, welcome aboard the Support Forum :D

I find it a quite interesting idea to have a FlatPress plugin that allows to have a template file just for the front page of the blog. It might work like this: If the blog's front page is called and plugin is enabled, it searches the active theme's folder for a file named frontpage.tpl. If existing, it will be used to display the page; if not, FlatPress standard takes over.
Is anyone interested in building a great FlatPress plugin? :)

P.S.: This is closely related to the topic [plugin request] blog post cover.

vodka

Re: [feature request] frontpage enhancement

Post by vodka » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Arvid wrote: ↑Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:38 pm Hi, welcome aboard the Support Forum
Arvid wrote: ↑Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:38 pm I find it a quite interesting idea to have a FlatPress plugin that allows to have a template file just for the front page of the blog. It might work like this: If the blog's front page is called and plugin is enabled, it searches the active theme's folder for a file named frontpage.tpl. If existing, it will be used to display the page; if not, FlatPress standard takes over.
Perfect!
Arvid wrote: ↑Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:38 pm Is anyone interested in building a great FlatPress plugin?
I can help with beta testing and with donation if there is a developer available.