Videos from Facebook or YouTube

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Videos from Facebook or YouTube

Post by Arvid » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:33 pm

"attachs" is indeed the folder files uploaded in the admin area are stored in. Do you upload them manually instead?
(The path to uploaded files in BBCode tags always starts at your fp-content folder, e.g. in the img tag:

Code: Select all

[img=images/bla.jpg]
"images" is a subfolder of fp-content.)

Oh, and the Audio and video player plugin really does use simply standard HTML5 elements, no browser plugins needed :)

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 pm

Arvid wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:33 pm "attachs" is indeed the folder files uploaded in the admin area are stored in. Do you upload them manually instead?
(The path to uploaded files in BBCode tags always starts at your fp-content folder, e.g. in the img tag:

[img=images/bla.jpg]
"images" is a subfolder of fp-content.)

Oh, and the Audio and video player plugin really does use simply standard HTML5 elements, no browser plugins needed :)
I keep my audio files (and even image files) in a seperate part of my server to the Flatpress install itself, so being able to link to any file is a need for me. I was just going to use this plugin for convenience. At that stage I might as well just use a standard HTML5 player code, like so:

<audio controls style="width: 100px;">
<source src="https://files.site.com/audio.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
</audio>
And yes, I know that it's just the standard HTML5 player, again, it was just for convenience. This plugin is useful for people who want their audio and video files in their flatpress directory, of course.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Tongara wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 pmI keep my audio files (and even image files) in a seperate part of my server to the Flatpress install itself, so being able to link to any file is a need for me.
Ah, I see. Then you will need to use a custom solution, since the plugin isn't allowed to "break out" of the fp-content folder.
In your case, I'd simply add a custom BBCode element which is prepared to refer to your "external" media folder. Doing so, you wouldn't have to insert the <audio> elements manually in every blog entry.

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:26 pm

Arvid wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:49 pm
Tongara wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:42 pmI keep my audio files (and even image files) in a seperate part of my server to the Flatpress install itself, so being able to link to any file is a need for me.
Ah, I see. Then you will need to use a custom solution, since the plugin isn't allowed to "break out" of the fp-content folder.
In your case, I'd simply add a custom BBCode element which is prepared to refer to your "external" media folder. Doing so, you wouldn't have to insert the <audio> elements manually in every blog entry.
Eh, I made a plugin using that before, but I can't be bothered in this case. I can easily copy and paste the code I just put above ad it's the same thing, really. I edit each file through my FTP and not the WYSIWYG editor, anyway, so I'm comfortable just writing code.

Like I said, it's a great plugin for others, just not for me.