Widgets - Manage Widgets - drag and drop don't work

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
dio

Widgets - Manage Widgets - drag and drop don't work

Post by dio » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:41 pm

Hello,

I installed on my local PC FlatPress successfuly. Now I'm trying to move a new created widget and already exists on another template position but unfortunately the drag and drop don't work.

I tried to do the same on the on the demo testpage and it is working there https://s1.demo.opensourcecms.com/s/104

I'm using the system preinstalled themes.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

Dio

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Widgets - Manage Widgets - drag and drop don't work

Post by Arvid » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:36 pm

Dio, welcome to FlatPress :)

I assume you have a development snapshot of FlatPress 1.2 running (version info in the admin area shows "1.2.dev")? We had a broken jQuery plugin, I fixed that already. Please get the latest FlatPress snapshot from GitHub and replace your folder fp_plugins/jquery with the new one.

Let us know if it works :)

All the best,
Arvid

dio

Post by dio » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:52 pm

Hello Arvid,

thank you for your reply. I'm using the version FlatPress 1.1 from flatpress.org/download
I have to mention that I installed the plugin photoswipe and this causes the error. I removed the photoswipe plugin and it worked fine again.
I replaced the folder fp_plugins/jquery with the new one from GitHub without success.I get a white page.

After that i download from GitHub FlatPress 1.2 but after the installation I get a white page too :roll:

What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

Dio

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:12 pm

Dio,

well, then please forget what I wrote and put back the original jQuery plugin :D

Regarding the white page with FlatPress 1.2: Which PHP version are your running on?

The PhotoSwipe plugin (which I happen to be the author, although it's not an "official" FlatPress plugin) brings its own jQuery library, that might interfer with the one from the jQuery plugin. I'll have to inspect that further, maybe I'll have to tell the PhotoSwipe plugin not to load its own jQuery if the jQuery plugin is enabled.

Update: I was able reproduce the behaviour and also build a fix as mentioned. Please try the attached version of the PhotoSwipe plugin and let me know if that solves your problem. If so, I'll release this as new plugin version.

All the best,
Arvid
Attachments
photoswipe.zip
(102.63 KiB) Downloaded 134 times