Help !! I cannot insert a new entry

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
Panther

Help !! I cannot insert a new entry

Post by Panther » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:40 pm

I have 2 websites with Flatpress (version 1.1), one is in italian and the other in english. From this evening on english website when I try to post a new entry I have this error above:

Warning: Could not acquire write lock on INDEX. Didn't I told you FlatPress is not designed for concurrency, already? ;) Don't worry: your entry has been saved as draft! in /web/htdocs/www.warsintheworld.com/home/fp-includes ... .entry.php on line 75

When I modify one website I modify the other, nothing is happened (except I delete an entry of 2018 only on english website), the version of php is 5.3.29 and with zip_cgi.fix_pathinfo

The dimension of core.entry.php is the same on both websites and is not modified since 2020.

Trying to go to Maintain and make a Rebuild_Index I have the same error on webpage and all articles disappears.

What I have to do ?

Thanks

Panther

Re: Help !! I cannot insert a new entry

Post by Panther » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:05 am

I have discovered the problem because I deleted the website and replaced with a backup made this morning, before to delete and entry of 2018.

Now is working, but the problem remains because Google says this entry has problems with Adsense, if I delete the entry I will have always a problem.

So which is the solution I can use ?

Thanks

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:54 am

Hi,

not sure how both FlatPress instances interact here.
Can you please post the directory structure the two instances are in? Maybe then I can reproduce the described behaviour.

All the best,
Arvid

Panther

Post by Panther » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:17 pm

I've not understood which are these 2 directory structure of the two instances you need.

Panther

Post by Panther » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi, I have recreated the error:

First, I deleted this webpage

http://www.warsintheworld.com/index.php ... -wau-town/

Then is appeared this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BPlusTree_Node::BplusTree_Node() in /web/htdocs/www.warsintheworld.com/home/fp-includes ... .class.php on line 1225

Flatpress is unavailable with prime-page completly white, appears this message:
Not Found
Sorry, we could not find the page you requested

If I try to insert an article appears:
Warning: Could not acquire write lock on INDEX. Didn't I told you FlatPress is not designed for concurrency, already? ;) Don't worry: your entry has been saved as draft! in /web/htdocs/www.warsintheworld.com/home/fp-includes ... .entry.php on line 75

Now I have to restore backup.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:21 pm

Panther wrote: ↑Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:03 pm Fatal error: Call to undefined method BPlusTree_Node::BplusTree_Node() in /web/htdocs/www.warsintheworld.com/home/fp-includes ... .class.php on line 1225
Okay, this looks like you have an old FlatPress version running. Please have a look in the Admin area under "Maintain" -> "Check for updates", which version is it?

Torsten

Post by Torsten » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:00 pm

Arvid wrote: ↑Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:21 pm Okay, this looks like you have an old FlatPress version running. Please have a look in the Admin area under "Maintain" -> "Check for updates", which version is it?
He or she wrote: Flatpress (version 1.1), so it should be not too old, I think.
On Error GoTo Bed