blank page

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
Macmee

blank page

Post by Macmee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:24 am

after testing flatpress on my computer with ampp it is working good. Including my dutch translation. I copy overythign to my real website but then when i change something in the configuration and save it a blank page apprear, When i klick on back in explorer then the page turns back including the message that it is saved. Any idea about this?

eagleman

Re: blank page

Post by eagleman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 am

Probably it's a php problem.
Flatpress 1.1 and 1.2 requires at least the 5.6 version.
Check the php version used on your hosting provider.
I had the same problem and switched to a new hosting provider.

Macmee

Post by Macmee » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:35 am

Thanks but my provider has a much higher version in use. So that's not the solution. And it's only happand on the configuration page the rest is working fine

laborix

Post by laborix » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:28 pm

Macmee wrote: ↑Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:24 am... Including my dutch translation ... something in the configuration and save it a blank page apprear, ...
Please try the same procedure with the build in English language pack. Is there also a blank page? If not, so it is possible that something in the dutch language pack cause the blank page.

regrads

Macmee

Post by Macmee » Sat May 01, 2021 10:22 am

i try it also with the english pack the same situation. Strange he :-)

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Sun May 02, 2021 5:45 pm

Just checked, I get a blank page too after saving changes on the options/configuration page. The settings get saved, the page is just... blank after. And the same message when clicking back.

English language, latest FP release and a correct version of PHP is used.

laborix

Post by laborix » Wed May 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Tested in "real world" environments :D

Web Server with PHP 7.3

Code: Select all

.../fp12/fp-interface/lang/fr-fr/lang.conf.php:1) in .../fp12/fp-includes/core/core.wp-pluggable-funcs.php on line 269
Web Server PHP 7.4

Code: Select all

.../fp12/fp-interface/lang/fr-fr/lang.conf.php:1) in .../fp12/fp-includes/core/core.wp-pluggable-funcs.php on line 269
Please note, "fr-fr/lang.conf.php:1" and it doesn't matter which language is used in Flatpress.

Solution:
Take a UTF-8 capable editor and open the lang.conf.php of the English language package, then the French lang.conf.php in the same editor. Now copy the French text 1 to 1 into the English lang.conf.php and save it back into the French language package. No more errors in the logfiles and no more blank pages :D

@Arvid
Can you correct that and then post it on the github?
Thank you.

Have a nice day :D

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Thu May 06, 2021 3:58 pm

Hi,

thanks for reporting this (and thanks for your tests, Matthias)!
Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the described behaviour in my environments. What I saw matches Matthias findings, though: The complete French language pack is encoded in UTF-8 with BOM, which may cause the trouble. I attached it in UTF-8 without BOM - could you please replace fp-interface/lang/fr-fr with the attached version and see if that does the trick? If so, I would fix this and release a bugfix version 1.2.1.

Thanks,
Arvid
Attachments
fr-fr.zip
(13.01 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

laborix

Post by laborix » Fri May 07, 2021 3:18 pm

Arvid wrote: ↑Thu May 06, 2021 3:58 pm... Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the described behaviour in my environments ...
I tested it on Online Web Provider servers, not on local development servers :D The Error appears only Online :D

Ok, yep, your new fr-fr language pack fix the error on PHP 7.3 and PHP 7.4 Online Web Provider servers and it works like a charm.
Thank you.

Macmee

Post by Macmee » Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 am

wel i did change the lang.conf.php But it not helping at all
lang.conf.zip
(239 Bytes) Downloaded 143 times