Purge theme and templates cache

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
dart

Purge theme and templates cache

Post by dart » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:48 pm

Hello,
I had recently made a change with the blog. Based on what I have been used to with another blog software, I executed a purge to refresh things.
Right after the purge, I noticed the 'new comments' widget now reads 'no new commnts' on the main page. This surprised me since I had not expected the purge to delete the list. The comments are still in the posts tho.

My questions:
#1 - is there anyway to execute a purge with an exclusion to the 'new comments list' ?
#2 - is there set amount of new comments that post on the list ? - do they expire. I don't find any way to adjust this widget.

Thanks in advance

dart

Re: Purge theme and templates cache

Post by dart » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:44 pm

solution:
tried this and actually worked.
before 'Purge theme and templates cache', download lastcomments.tmp from [fp-content/cache/lastcomments.tmp].
...purge, then upload the lastcomments.tmp - thus retaining all the last comments from the widget.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 am

Hi, thanks for reporting.
dart wrote: ↑Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:48 pm #1 - is there anyway to execute a purge with an exclusion to the 'new comments list' ?
I need to check this, an issue is created.

dart wrote: ↑Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:48 pm #2 - is there set amount of new comments that post on the list ? - do they expire. I don't find any way to adjust this widget.
The number of comments is hard-coded indeed. Check line 12 of fp-plugins/lastcomments/plugin.lastcomments.php - you can simply change that number to your needs.
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

dart

Post by dart » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:12 pm

Arvid wrote: The number of comments is hard-coded indeed. Check line 12 of fp-plugins/lastcomments/plugin.lastcomments.php - you can simply change that number to your needs.

Okay, I see it...thanks Arvid that helped

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:30 pm

8-)
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯