New standard photo plugin?

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.

Should PhotoSwipe be the default gallery and image popup plugin?

Yes, this would be great
83%
No, keep it as it is
17%

Total votes: 6

dsteuer

New standard photo plugin?

Post by dsteuer » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:24 pm

Hi all,

while setting up a new site I tried lightbox2. I did not manage to get a galleriy working.

But: We have photoswipe already and that works fine.

I propose to substitute lightbox2 by photoswipe for new releases. When doing this "photoswipeimage" should be replaced by "img"
and analogous for the gallery keyword.

Example pages Any opinions?

Detlef

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: New standard photo plugin?

Post by Arvid » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:00 pm

Detlef,

this is a good question indeed. I felt free to change your posting to a poll, add some example links and make this sticky on the forum.

So, fellow FlatPressers, what is your opinion?

All the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:25 am

Hi alltogether,

I finally added PhotoSwipe to the FP standard! It will be part of the next FlatPress version.

And for editing the image captions, I created the new "Gallery captions" plugin. Once activated, it resides under "Uploader" > "Gallery captions":
gallerycaptions.png
gallerycaptions.png (130.08 KiB) Viewed 3495 times

I'd totally love to get your opinions on this! Please get the latest development snapshot(*) of FlatPress and test the new plugins. Does everything work and look good?
Also, I'd be very grateful for more language files for the two plugins. For now, both "speak" English and German.

Let me know what you think - thanks a lot :)

Important to know: The Gallery captions and the PhotoSwipe plugin both rely on the gallery functions in the new file fp-includes/core/core.gallery.php - and therefore, are not working with FlatPress versions <1.3! (You may, for test's sake, copy core.gallery.php and the new plugins to your FP 1.2 instance, though - but I strongly recommend not to do so in productive environments.)

All the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

dsteuer

Post by dsteuer » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:41 am

This looks like a really cool enhancement! Wil try to find time to test.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:03 pm

Thanks, let me know :)