Adding a Form To Site

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
WineMan

Adding a Form To Site

Post by WineMan » Thu May 12, 2022 5:03 pm

I realize I may becoming a pain, but I would appreciate some help in getting a form on the website, similar to the login form. The issue is that I want it to look like the rest of the site and can't find a code sample I can use to make that happen. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

bttr

Re: Adding a Form To Site

Post by bttr » Tue May 17, 2022 7:15 pm

What's the idea behind the form? At first, a form is just a form. There's no function behind it.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Tue May 17, 2022 8:16 pm

I was thinking of adding a form to have readers subscribe to the blog. I already have the form completed, I just want to know how to make the page look like the rest of the pages...

bttr

Post by bttr » Tue May 17, 2022 8:44 pm

WineMan wrote: ↑Tue May 17, 2022 8:16 pm I was thinking of adding a form to have readers subscribe to the blog. I already have the form completed, I just want to know how to make the page look like the rest of the pages...
By applying CSS, as usual?

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:38 pm

WineMan wrote: ↑Tue May 17, 2022 8:16 pm I was thinking of adding a form to have readers subscribe to the blog. I already have the form completed, I just want to know how to make the page look like the rest of the pages...
Use the developer tools of your browser, accessible via the F12 key. With the selector tool (most left botton in the top menu of the dev tools) you can select any element of a web page to view its inner HTML structure and applying CSS definitions (even the CSS files they're loaded from). That might help you to see the styling details of any part of your FlatPress page, e.g. the login form.

Let us know if that helped!

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:39 pm

That didn't help but it may be because I don't fully understand the directions. For the moment I am using the form I developed and set it up with a link to point to it.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:45 pm

With much help from virtualsky, I was able to set up the form I wanted by using a static page and everything is working great. Since I am a perfectionist (at least some people have told me I am), setting up static pages includes a line at the top of the page, just below the title that says:
"Published by admin on Monday, July 11, 2022" that I would like removed. That line is not visible in the About static page and have not been able to figure out what generates it or how to get rid of it. Can anyone shed some light on this? See the attached screenshot.
form.png
form.png (159.23 KiB) Viewed 5323 times

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:58 pm

Well, virtualsky has come to the rescue again and pointed out where in the static.tpl file I needed to edit to eliminate the published line mentioned in this thread. I'm a happy camper.

virtualsky

Post by virtualsky » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:17 pm

WineMan wrote: ↑Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:58 pm Well, virtualsky has come to the rescue again and pointed out where in the static.tpl file I needed to edit to eliminate the published line mentioned in this thread. I'm a happy camper.
That's fantastic! I'm glad I could offer some help. The site looks great, by the way. :)
It ain't retro to me.... it's just how I live!
https://www.thegrove.in.nf/retroblog

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:42 pm

Glad it works now - great to see you guys supporting each other 8-)