New test for Flatpress 1.3 beta

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
laborix

Re: New test for Flatpress 1.3 beta

Post by laborix » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:06 pm

After some playing with old Flatpress versions, this bug seems to be present with Flatpress 0.804.1 Vivace since September 2008.

file: admin.config.tpl

Code: Select all

<p> {$panelstrings.output}:  {$smarty.now|date_format:$fp_config.locale.timeformat}  </p>
This line of code has never been changed since the 0.804.1 version.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:12 pm

Yes, it does say -7 hours in the config of the application as noted in the attached screenshot. I am also running this beta version on my locald computer if that makes any difference.
time.png
time.png (11.28 KiB) Viewed 2983 times

laborix

Post by laborix » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:38 am

Please, can someone test this solution in a different environment as mine for the Flatpress Admin config Time diff problem UTC - local Time?
In my environment it works error-free with the current Flatpress Github version under PHP 8.0.20

File: /admin/panels/config/admin.config.tpl
Replace this line:

line: 143: <p> {$panelstrings.output}:  {$smarty.now|date_format:$fp_config.locale.timeformat}  </p>
with this one:

{assign var=currentTime value=$smarty.now}
{assign var=timeDiff value=$fp_config.locale.timeoffset}
{assign var=TimeDiffUTC value=$currentTime+$timeDiff*3600}
<p> {$panelstrings.output}:  {$TimeDiffUTC|date_format:$fp_config.locale.timeformat}  </p>
and post the result here?

Thank you.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:32 pm

After trying your suggested changes, there was no change...maybe because I am running this on a localhost on my computer?

laborix

Post by laborix » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:10 pm

WineMan wrote: ↑Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:32 pm After trying your suggested changes, there was no change...maybe because I am running this on a localhost on my computer?
No, but with the Flatpress responsiveadmin developer Version you have to change an other line. Ok, I tested with the current Github/Standard FP 1.2.1 Version, not with the Flatpress responsiveadmin developer Version.

See the difference lines:

Flatpress responsiveadmin Version (Current development status: New Admin Area and PHP 8.1)
Replace line 104:

<p> {$panelstrings.output}:  {$smarty.now|date_format:$fp_config.locale.timeformat}  </p>
with this one:

<p> {$panelstrings.output}:  {$TimeDiffUTC|date_format:$fp_config.locale.timeformat}  </p>
Current Flatpress Github/Standard Version
Replace line 143:

with this one:

Thanks for testing :) I think it should work now. Local or online does not matter in this case

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:57 pm

Hi,

I fixed the UTC time shown in the International settings - it's now displayed in your configured time zone. Thanks, laborix!

@Wineman:
Thank you for reporting the time zone issue of the Welcome entry. I'll look into that, bttr already reported this (issue 99).

@all:
Just a few minutes ago, I merged all the changes from the master branch into the Responsive Admin branch. This means, it now contains all the bugfixes and features the master branch has, such as the Gallery captions plugin and the PhotoSwipe plugin. For all changes so far, see the changelog.
Could you please take a look on how the Responsive Admin branch works flawlessly with all these new features and bugfixes from the master?

(The master branch has been merged into the Smarty update branch as well, btw! See my comment at issue 94 on the current developent status.)

Thank you very much!
All the best,
Arvid

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:15 pm

I'm continuing my tests on all the remaing themes I need to test deeply, but one thing is for sure.
Flatpress 1.3 needs at least PHP 7 4 or greater to work properly. With PHP 7.3 or prior versions it could be correctly installed on the server, but it's impossible to login, even with the correct password.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:22 pm

Hi,

can't confirm. No problems logging in with PHP 7.3:

System requirements will actually rise from PHP 5.6 to 7.1, though; but this comes with the Smarty update (see corresponding branch).

All the best,
Arvid