FlatPress 1.2 "Legato" released

General information and announcements regarding the FlatPress project
Arvid
FlatPress Coder

FlatPress 1.2 "Legato" released

Post by Arvid » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi folks,

I just released the final version of FlatPress 1.2 "Legato": https://www.flatpress.org/2021/03/20/ne ... 12-legato/

Thank you all very much for your intensive testing support!

And now: Have fun with the new FlatPress version, and don't forget to tell the world about it :)

All the best,
Arvid

Tongara

Re: FlatPress 1.2 "Legato" released

Post by Tongara » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Oh man, have already updated my dev blog with this version, and I'll be updating my main site with it soon. Well done to everyone involved~

Panther

Post by Panther » Sat May 08, 2021 9:27 pm

Hi, I have update my 2 websites and all is gone well, but I have a question with php version I'm using on my websites.
I use php version 5.3.29 and work with these 2 informations:
default Standard PHP.INI

zip_cgi.fix_pathinfo Impostazioni avanzate per utenti esperti con:
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 e Estensione Zip Abilitata

If I change php version, the websites don't work more, appear with different errors, below for every php version the error on webiste.
5.4.45 Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131
5.5.38 Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131
5.6.32 Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131
7.0.25 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&' in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131
7.1.11 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&' in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131

The problem appears with flatpress 1.1 and with 1.2.....the only problem is that php version 5.3.29 is very old and my service provider (where I have websites) advise to change the version.

There is a solution ?

Panther

Post by Panther » Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 pm

I have a problem with 1 website after upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2, if I enter in every article I get error:

No input file specified.

If I enter in a page, it works.

With the other website, not problem. They have the same settings (php version and everything), I don't understand happened, I have made again the upgrade for a second time, but the error remains.

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Sun May 09, 2021 4:02 pm

Panther wrote: ↑Sat May 08, 2021 9:27 pm Hi, I have update my 2 websites and all is gone well, but I have a question with php version I'm using on my websites.
I use php version 5.3.29 and work with these 2 informations:
default Standard PHP.INI

zip_cgi.fix_pathinfo Impostazioni avanzate per utenti esperti con:
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 e Estensione Zip Abilitata

If I change php version, the websites don't work more, appear with different errors, below for every php version the error on webiste.
5.4.45 Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131
5.5.38 Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131
5.6.32 Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131
7.0.25 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&' in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131
7.1.11 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&' in /web/htdocs/www.guerrenelmondo.it/home/fp-plugins/e ... rylist.php on line 131

The problem appears with flatpress 1.1 and with 1.2.....the only problem is that php version 5.3.29 is very old and my service provider (where I have websites) advise to change the version.

There is a solution ?
I tink the only solution is to use php 5.6 and over. Flatpress 1.1 and 1.2 requires at least that version to work properly, but it seems strange that even with php 7.1 there is an error.

Panther

Post by Panther » Sun May 09, 2021 7:21 pm

The problem of "No input file specified." has been resolved and caused by provider.

If I choice php 5.6.32 I have those errors on video and my websites don't work more.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:27 am

Hi,

thanks for reporting your errors.
As mentioned by eagleman, you need at least PHP 5.6 to run FlatPress (see Tech FAQ). I highly recommend using supported PHP versions, though (currently, 7.3, 7.4, and 8.0).
Panther wrote: ↑Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 pm I have a problem with 1 website after upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2, if I enter in every article I get error:

No input file specified.

If I enter in a page, it works.

With the other website, not problem. They have the same settings (php version and everything), I don't understand happened, I have made again the upgrade for a second time, but the error remains.
Maybe something went wrong during the update. Could you please set up a fresh FlatPress 1.2 installation on this webspace, say, in a "test" subfolder, and check if this out-of-the-box FlatPress works properly?

All the best,
Arvid