The FlatPress Site Theme

Ask questions about FlatPress themes, present your themes, request new themes.
NorfolkGreg

The FlatPress Site Theme

Post by NorfolkGreg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:52 pm

The FlatPress site seems to have a theme that includes a horizontal menu and side bar on desktop screens and a "hamburger" menu button with sidebar moved to the footer position on phones. I cannot find a similar theme available in the Wiki Is there one available. It's just what I would like!

I reckon I'm capable of editing the colour scheme and fonts (as I'm OK with HTML and CSS), but I'm a bit lost with PHP and Smarty - and it looks as if I may need those skills to move the "column" block above the "main" block using Smarty to do that!

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: The FlatPress Site Theme

Post by Arvid » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:07 pm

In fact, it's the "FlatMaas" theme by drudo which evolved over the years. I planned to clean it up properly and put it on the wiki, but didn't manage to do so yet.
I attached it, feel free to adapt and rework. Please be aware it might contain unused code and images. Also, the admin area is a little buggy, e.g. on the widget page.

The horizontal menu is done hard-coded in header.tpl. This is just a temporary solution and should better be done with a blockparser widget in the top area, displaying the static "menu" page (see below). I never found the time to fix the CSS to have that looking good, so for now I just go with plain HTML.

Hope that helps you :)

All the best,
Arvid

My "menu" page:

Code: Select all

[list]
[*][url=.]Home[/url]
[*][url=./download]Download[/url]
[*][url=./demo]Try[/url]
[*][url=blog.php?x=entry]Blog[/url]
[*][url=http://wiki.flatpress.org/]Wiki[/url]
[*][url=http://forum.flatpress.org/]Forum[/url]
[*][url=http://wiki.flatpress.org/res:themes]Themes[/url]
[*][url=http://wiki.flatpress.org/res:plugins]Plugins[/url]
[*][url=./contact]Contact[/url]
[*][url=./hosting]Hosting[/url]
[*][url=https://www.flatpress.de]Deutsch [img=images/de.png][/url]
[/list]
Attachments
official-site.zip
Theme of flatpress.org as of Jan 2021.
(158.38 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

NorfolkGreg

Post by NorfolkGreg » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:01 pm

Apologies for the very long delay in thanking you! As you'll have seen from my further cluster of posts, I'm back exploring FlatPress.

I take some consolation because, as I write, it's been downloaded 52 times, so I'm sure have prove useful for others too.

I shall now download it myself to see how it works and how I might tinker with it.

Thanks again for making it available.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:59 am

Have fun - and please tell us about any improvements you made to it :)
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

NorfolkGreg

Post by NorfolkGreg » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi Arvid,

At the moment, I haven't got it to run.

First I added the unzipped folder to the fp-interface/themes folder. The theme didn't appear on the Administration page. I looked at the folder structure for my other themes and they all seemed to have an additional level in the structure, (to allow for each of the styles?) with each of these having their own "imgs" and "res" folders.

I made copies of the contents of your folder to replicate them as far as I could. I also created a preview.png and added it to the "style level" folder. As you said your style was based on FlatMaas I copied the style.conf.php file from the flatmaas-rev folder from the standard 1.2 installation to place in my newly created "style folder".

Note, I have done nothing with your menu file! That's because I have been playing with the FlatMistyLook theme which has a simple menu of its own and I hoped that would suffice to understand how your mobile menu system worked, when squashing my window to show a mobile-sized screen.

The result is when I switch to the theme all CSS appears to be ignored but there's also lots of stuff displayed that I wasn't expecting!

For example, I see links to "Fork me on GitHub", your entire menu list and from your footer showing all the links under "More stuff".

Clearly there's more in your theme file than I was expecting but, more importantly, it appears I'm doing something wrong when trying to implement your theme.

Any help would be appreciated from you or any of the other 50 downloaders who may understand what I have done wrong.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:09 pm

Errrm...is it possible that unzipping simply created you an extra folder level you need to ignore?

On flatpress.org, we have this structure:

Code: Select all

fp-interface
  + themes
    + official-site
      + imgs
      + res
      - admin.tpl
      - comments.tpl