Arvid's FlatPress

Show off your FlatPress-powered blog site here.
Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Arvid's FlatPress

Post by Arvid » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi alltogether,

to open up the brand our new "Show off" section, I took over my show off posting from the old support forum. I posted it there in April 2013, some of my enhancements have moved to the FP standard in between.

I hereby proudly present my blog "Ruhrpott-Tourenbuch" at fahrrad.arvidzimmermann.de :)
This is the place where I collect my bike tours in the German Ruhr area - which used to be dusty and industrial for decades. But these times are gone, now the Ruhr area is very green and a great place to cycle. I love it :)

I enhanced some features in FlatPress which I'd like to share with the community. Maybe it inspires someone to tweak their own FlatPress installation - feel free to ask me for further details and codes of the individual functions!
  • The desktop theme is a slightly altered "TerraFirma".
  • The mobile theme is "iMobile" by Lantaca Ucasi.
  • Archives plugin (left side at the bottom of the page): A few lines of JavaScript and CSS take care that just the current year will initially be expanded. Would be too large otherwise.
  • LastEntries plugin: It's used twice (just by copy&rename) - on the right side it shows the last five, at the bottom of the page the last ten entries.
  • Images and galleries are displayed with the PhotoSwipe plugin. Check out the cool swipe functions on your mobile gizmo!
  • CustomBBCode plugin: I added some helpful BBcode tags as excellently described at http://wiki.flatpress.org/doc:plugins:bbcode:tips.
    One example was the mail tag. It contains a mail adress obfuscation which protects from spammers. It is already part of the default BBCode tag set.
  • Entry editor: Images and attachments are sorted by name, not by upload date. I also added custom BBCodes and some eye candy to the BBCode toolbar.tpl - looks much more fancy with graphical icons :) (These also have been taken into the FP standard yet.)
All the best,
Arvid

virtualsky

Re: Arvid's FlatPress

Post by virtualsky » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:21 am

Very nice; I like the simple, uncluttered look. It has the look of a newspaper or other professional publisher of sorts.

dsteuer

Post by dsteuer » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:07 am

Hi Arvid,

how do you automatically change themes between "imobile" and "terra firma"? i only ever found a way to choose one theme?

Detlef

Btw: I studied in Do!

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:59 pm

virtualsky wrote: ↑Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:21 am Very nice; I like the simple, uncluttered look. It has the look of a newspaper or other professional publisher of sorts.
Thanks, this was the intention ;) I like the TerraFirma theme very much.

dsteuer wrote: ↑Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:07 am how do you automatically change themes between "imobile" and "terra firma"? i only ever found a way to choose one theme?
The "Mobile" plugin does this for me. Turns out, it never was on the wiki. Until now :D

dsteuer wrote: ↑Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:07 am Btw: I studied in Do!
The world is small :)

owen

Post by owen » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:38 pm

I hereby proudly present my blog "Ruhrpott-Tourenbuch" at fahrrad.arvidzimmermann.de
Are you saying that whole web site is a flatpress blog?
Or is there a link in there somewhere to your blog. Sorry i couldn't read it cuz i only know english.
very nice web site by the way. i like the map. how on earth did u put a map like that in your web page?

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:07 pm

owen wrote: ↑Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:38 pm Are you saying that whole web site is a flatpress blog?
Or is there a link in there somewhere to your blog. Sorry i couldn't read it cuz i only know english.
very nice web site by the way. i like the map. how on earth did u put a map like that in your web page?
Thanks! :)
Yep, the whole Touring Book site is a standard FlatPress installation, enhanced with a few plugins. Over the years, I wrote quite a few entries, and there are some static pages (such as the About page, the imprint and the custom 404 page).
The GPX Viewer plugin takes care of the maps, and I use the Internal URLs plugin quite often. PhotoSwipe creates the cool swipeable image galleries.

owen

Post by owen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:33 pm

very impressive i'll have to look at the plugins more.
ps the map data comes from the open map project very cool

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:47 am

Yep, that's OpenStreetMap material. Props to JΓΌrgen Berkemeier who wrote the GPX Viewer library the plugin makes use of.