PHP

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
musicletter

PHP

Post by musicletter » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi everyone.
This is my site https://www.musicletter.it/
Using Flatpress almost since its inception.
I arranged it in a traditional (to hand) way and with the advice of many forum users. You should know that I am self taught and therefore not very experienced about codex.
Anyway now the site seems to go on, both in the desktop and mobile version.
I ask myself: is there a risk that PHP may not work in the next future?
Flatpress can be update without change the current structure?
Thank you all.

laborix

Re: PHP

Post by laborix » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what you want to ask, so I answer as I think.

PHP 8 is under development and will come in 2020, add two Years full Patch support and 2 years Security updates. Ok, 2024, yep, is our planet clean here?

Flatpress, yes, I think it will work as long as there are no very deep changes inside the PHP development. Also here, what is in the next 4 years? Does the Internet work as we expected in 2024?

You see, the future lives, but I think both will working the next few years :-)

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:26 pm

musicletter wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:12 pmI ask myself: is there a risk that PHP may not work in the next future?
I see no reason whatsoever to believe that. PHP is the stable foundation for propably most of all websites worldwide. It's widely spread and actively developed - it will be around for many, many years.
musicletter wrote: โ†‘Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:12 pmFlatpress can be update without change the current structure?
New PHP versions may force us to change some FlatPress code (you may remember Version 1.0 not running under PHP 7). And we will do that :) So: Yep, FlatPress will keep its structure in upcoming PHP versions.

musicletter

Post by musicletter » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Thanks for the reply.
:)