Wineman's FlatPress Blog

Show off your FlatPress-powered blog site here.
WineMan

Wineman's FlatPress Blog

Post by WineMan » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:59 pm

I have been testing different blog applications, both database and flat files driven and I keep coming back to FlatPress for its speed and the ability to "tweak" the look and feel of the blog.

My blog uses a theme developed by a previous user of FlatPress and as you will see I have made some modifications as well. I have set up a subscribe module allowing users to be notified of any new blog posts. In addition, with the help or some FlatPress users I have set up a new comment notification system that works well for me as the original comment notification did not work. Unfortunately the admin is the only one being notified of any new comments at the moment and hopefully in the near future, I will be able to notify all the subscribers of a new comment posting. If anyone can provide guidelines in that regard, please let me know.

For now, visit the Blog and browse around.

virtualsky

Re: Wineman's FlatPress Blog

Post by virtualsky » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:35 pm

Looks great!

Just an FYI, I can get notifications on comments by subscribing to the Flatpress RSS/Atom feed. I'm not sure if this information is in any way helpful at getting the comments notifications working, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
Flatpress-rrs-feed.png
Flatpress-rrs-feed.png (166.99 KiB) Viewed 7117 times
It ain't retro to me.... it's just how I live!
https://www.thegrove.in.nf/retroblog

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:34 am

Thanks for your post virtualsky but I have both the new blog post and comment post email notifications working. I am aware of the Flatpress RSS/Atom feed but since the blog does not have a lot of subscribers, this will alert them to any new posts with no fuss or bother.

virtualsky

Post by virtualsky » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:53 am

WineMan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:34 am Thanks for your post virtualsky but I have both the new blog post and comment post email notifications working.
That's fantastic! 8-)
It ain't retro to me.... it's just how I live!
https://www.thegrove.in.nf/retroblog