FlatPress 1.3: Should we release?

For devs and testers: Tests of current development versions, technical details of the code.

Should we release FlatPress 1.3 without Responsive Admin?

Yes, release 1.3 with the current feature set.
64%
No, put Responsive Admin in before release.
36%

Total votes: 11

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

FlatPress 1.3: Should we release?

Post by Arvid » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:20 pm

Hello testers,

the development of FlatPress 1.3 has been going on for quite a while now. We have completed the Smarty update and the remaining work for PHP 8.1 compatibility, that took a lot of work and time. PhotoSwipe is on board (though it still has a few small hiccups).
There are also many other open bugs and requests, but they don't necessarily have anything to do with PHP 8.1.

I have created a milestone on GitHub that collects all the issues that still have to be dealt with in order to be able to release FlatPress 1.3 at all: (Have I forgotten any issues that still need to be put there?)

At the moment I don't have too much free time and can only manage to work in smaller steps. Nevertheless, at some point we have to release a new version that runs under PHP 8.1.

This breaks my heart a little: Should we release version 1.3 without Responsive Admin first, so as not to delay PHP 8.1 compatibility for so long? That would again postpone Franah's great work to a later version...

Please let me know what you think about this.

Thank you and all the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

fraenkiman

Re: FlatPress 1.3: Should we release?

Post by fraenkiman » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:32 pm

Hello all,

Currently in the contact form the Accessible Antispam plugin is not working. So I would still add the issue 138 to the milestone.

Although as another "highlight" I would like to see Responsive Admin in 1.3 - active support for PHP 8.0 ends this month. The developer version already has a super progress. So I also vote for 1.3 with the current feature set.

From my side to all involved: You are doing a great job! I'm looking forward to working together in the future as well.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:00 pm

No, it's mandatory to implement an effective and preactivated antispam solution.
I added a general rule to approve every comment on the blog but it doesn't work.
Spam comments are continuing to harass me.
The only solution, from now on, is to block the whole blog to commenters.
What do you think about it?

laborix

Post by laborix » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:50 pm

eagleman wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:00 pm... Spam comments are continuing to harass me. ... What do you think about it?
If you remove the "Website" field and filter for these things in the comment field.

-http:
-https:
-[url]
-<a href

spam comments will be a thing of the past.

This is not possible with the standard plugins, manual intervention is necessary here.
I had integrated this for Flatpress 1.0 Solenne many years ago, but I can no longer find the source code.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:26 pm

Laborix,

What do you mean by "filtering" and in what file would I find this information.

laborix

Post by laborix » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:58 pm

WineMan wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:26 pm... What do you mean by "filtering" ...
You either have to rewrite the original FlatPress QSpam plugin to scan all fields of the Blog comments form for unwanted chars/words or write a new plugin that can take over such a task.
As I already wrote, FlatPress 1.0 Solenne with PHP 5.4, it was a very long time ago (around 2012) :roll:

As a workaround, you could remove the Website URL field from the FlatPress comment form
-> path: /fp-interface/sharedtpls/comments.tpl

Comment out or remove following lines:

Code: Select all

<p><label class="textlabel" for="url">{$lang.comments.www}</label><br />
      <input type="text" {$error.url|notempty:'class="field-error"'} name="url" id="url" value="{$values.url|default:$cookie.url}" /></p>
and specify the following words in the Flatpress original QSpam plugin:

Code: Select all

cheap
drugs
href
http:
https:
[link
livecam
livechat
offer
OFFER
sale
shop
[url
www.
Set QSpam Bad Word Count: Block comments containing more than 1 bad word(s).

Edit:
Add help for /fp-interface/sharedtpls/comments.tpl

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:00 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the detailed response.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:06 pm

FlatPress 1.3 is almost finished, but we still have some issues to fix. I wrote a few words about the current development status here: https://www.flatpress.org/2023/10/29/lo ... nt-status/

All the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:13 pm

It took quite some time, but finally we have the first beta version of FlatPress 1.3 "Andante"! All the best,
Arvid