Theme and plugin developers: Upgrade guide for FlatPress 1.3

For devs and testers: Tests of current development versions, technical details of the code.
Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Theme and plugin developers: Upgrade guide for FlatPress 1.3

Post by Arvid » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:30 pm

Hi,

FlatPress 1.3 will bring an update of the Smarty template engine from version 2.6 to 4. Smarty has changed significantly in between - if you contributed themes or plugins to FlatPress, they might need some changes to work with FlatPress 1.3 and higher.

I created a Smarty upgrade guide on the wiki. Its intention is to help theme designers and plugin developers to successfully rework their themes/plugins to be Smarty 4 (and thus, FlatPress 1.3) compatible.

How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4

If you have any suggestions or additions to the article, please let me know.

All the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Theme and plugin developers: Upgrade guide for FlatPress 1.3

Post by Arvid » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:26 pm

I just added a solution to have your plugins running with both the old and the new Smarty version: https://wiki.flatpress.org/doc:tips:sma ... compatible
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

fraenkiman

Re: Theme and plugin developers: Upgrade guide for FlatPress 1.3

Post by fraenkiman » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:21 pm

Hello all,

I have added a column to the plugin overview in the wiki.
The emoticons indicate which plugins need action to make them work with the future FlatPress 1.3 release.

Please also have a look at the legacy-plugins. Maybe one or the other plugin can be made to work with FlatPress 1.3 in a few steps. Please use the revision notes of Arvid.

Have a good start into the new week
With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io