Flatpress 1.2.1 issue #132 - Months are displayed in the wrong language in the search

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Flatpress 1.2.1 issue #132 - Months are displayed in the wrong language in the search

Post by Arvid » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:34 pm

Erm...the current Smarty version takes care of that itself, it seems. Months are displayed in my local system language (which is German), even if FlatPress is set to English.

This is okay to me without further changes - what do you think?

fraenkiman

Re: Flatpress 1.2.1 issue #132 - Months are displayed in the wrong language in the search

Post by fraenkiman » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Strangely enough, Smarty 4 is not so intelligent with me.
The months are still displayed in English after switching to German.
See my comment in Issue 158.

Possibly this only works from PHP 8.X.
date.timezone = Europe/Berlin

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

laborix

Post by laborix » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:35 pm

Arvid wrote: ↑Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:34 pm... what do you think? ...
Just put it out there:
A blog visitor will use the full-text search because the blog visitor most likely has no idea when any article with the desired keyword was written.

What current blog/web/CRM system has a search by month? In my opinion, the full-text search is enough for a blog visitor and everything else is a toy.

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm

Hello all,

I would not remove the search by date - even if the translation remains incorrect.
Moreover, I would call it a feature, less than a toy.
Depending on the target group of FlatPress operators, a search by time is also atractive. FlatPress can be used not only by private users as a blog, but also as a website purely with static pages, by small businesses, associations e.t.c..

Even if I'm not much help; I'm not a friend of solving problems by deleting the affected function.

Make you a contemplative 2 advent.
With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:48 pm

Thank you both for your opinions on this one. Since this is a rather small bug with no impact on other functions, I'd just leave it as it is. The majority will just search the contents by keywords - but if one likes to search by date, they may do so.
#158 remains open, but has no priority at all.