RSS feed?

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
hugovandenbeld

RSS feed?

Post by hugovandenbeld » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello, I am new here. I use Flatpress on my site https://aanpakeenzaamheid.nl/nieuws/.
There is a RSS-feed icon/link, but I don't know how to get a working feed link from there. What should I do?

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: RSS feed?

Post by Arvid » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:32 am

Hi, welcome to the FlatPress support forum! :)

Your feed works for me, I simply copied the URL of the Atom feed link at the bottom of your page and added it to my feed reader (I use Thunderbird). Works fine, your feed currently contains one entry dated 2019-06-18.

Regards
Arvid

hugovandenbeld

Post by hugovandenbeld » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:06 am

Thanks for checking and your reply. I checked once again and indeed: it worked fine this time. So: problem solved! Cheers, Hugo

miksmith

Post by miksmith » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi

Could I ask how you generated the RSS feed icon on your site?

What theme did you use for the site? I am using the standard Leggero v2 and want to modify the layout/design and wasnt sure what the best way to do this was. So...

-I cant get the top menu to appear even if I place widgets in the "top bar" area. How did you do this?
-how do you change the banner to an image?
-how do you change the colors ?

thanks for any help!

mike

hugovandenbeld

Post by hugovandenbeld » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi Mike,

The RSS feed is generated automatically for my site. However, with my provider Hostnet, I am using a basic hosting package that comes with a site maker. As such, I only use this user friendly site maker, without any actions on how things show up on the internet. So, I can't help you any further, since I don't know the answer.

Sorry!

Best regards,

Hugo

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Mike, I'll try to help here.
miksmith wrote: ↑Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:10 pm-I cant get the top menu to appear even if I place widgets in the "top bar" area. How did you do this?
Make sure your header.tpl contains this where the menu widget is supposed to appear:

Code: Select all

{widgets pos=top}

The link to the feed is just any icon or text with a link to https://your.blog/feed/rss (for RSS feed) or https://your.blog/feed/atom (for Atom feed). See the feed links in the "More stuff" section in the footer of flatpress.org; on my personal blog, I put the feed link on the little RSS icon in the header.

Let me know if that helped.
All the best
Arvid