Tags plugin just up and quit working on me

Find help with FlatPress plugins, report a plugin bug, request or present new plugins.
virtualsky

Tags plugin just up and quit working on me

Post by virtualsky » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:01 pm

I don't know why it happened, but today I was writing a blog post (as I usually do) and when I came to publish it, I just got a blank white page showing in the browser. I did a page refresh and FlatPress reported a problem during posting and saved my entry as a Draft. When I finally got the post published correctly, the Tags plugin wasn't working. It was still active and was listed in the widgets, but nothing was showing up as being tagged.

I edited my recent blog posting, re entered a couple of tags and then those showed up. But all of the other blog entries that had tags previously are not registering. Even if I go in to them and clear the tags and reenter them, they still don't appear in the tags list. Has anyone ever experienced this issue before? Any ideas as to what may have happened?

I have since deactivated the tags plugin until I figure this out. Oh, and yes, I have tried rebuilding the index.
It ain't retro to me.... it's just how I live!
https://www.thegrove.in.nf/retroblog

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Tags plugin just up and quit working on me

Post by Arvid » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:53 pm

Errrm...this is odd.
You didn't change anything to FlatPress or the Tag plugin code, I guess? What about the PHP version, maybe your web hosting provider changed to a newer one (8.0 to 8.1 for example), which then caused the plugin to behave quirky?

Did anyone else experience the described behaviour? Can anyone confirm problems with the Tag plugin under newer PHP versions?

All the best,
Arvid

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:31 am

Hello all,

I was forced by Nextcloud to switch from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.1. To be precise PHP 8.1.23. In the entries, the linked tags are also missing in the bottom left corner and the tag widget is also no longer updated.

Development status Commit 1005

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:00 pm

Hello virtualsky

The tag plugin requires write permissions in fp-content and fp-content/cache. Therefore 0775 was set too strict.

I have lowered the file and directory permissions to 0776 in the current developer version of FlatPress.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io