PHP 8.1

General information and announcements regarding the FlatPress project
Macmee

PHP 8.1

Post by Macmee » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:52 pm

My provider wil stop supporting PHP 8.0 Kan i start with the 1.3 version from flatpress? Or are there to many issues.
From febr 1 2024 the support dor 8.0 wil no longer supported by mine provider

fraenkiman

Re: PHP 8.1

Post by fraenkiman » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:00 am

Hello Macmee,

FlatPress 1.3 does not yet have PreRelease quality.

The unsolved problems are documented here.
I recommend that you copy the current development version to a subdirectory on your web server as another instance.
Then you can test whether the open problems are relevant for you or not.
If you then come to the conclusion that "works for me", you are welcome to replace FlatPress 1.2.1 with FlatPress 1.3.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

laborix

Post by laborix » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:38 am

Macmee wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:52 pm... Kan i start with the 1.3 version from flatpress? Or are there to many issues ...
FlatPress 1.3 does not officially exist and there is no release date.
@Arvid - When will the FlatPress 1.3 version be ready?

The current Github FlatPress version (as of 2 January 2024) runs under PHP 8.1 and you can transfer the blog posts from FlatPress 1.2.1.
Caution is advised when using PrettyURLs and various plugins that are not included in the Github version. Failures of any kind can occur here.

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:20 am

Hello Laborix,
laborix wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:38 am [@Arvid - When will the FlatPress 1.3 version be ready?
this answer may be sufficient for you, even if it is very imprecise. Every dowsing rod is more accurate :lol: .

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:50 pm

Macmee wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:52 pm My provider wil stop supporting PHP 8.0 Kan i start with the 1.3 version from flatpress? Or are there to many issues.
From febr 1 2024 the support dor 8.0 wil no longer supported by mine provider
1.2.1 runs smoothly with PHP 8.1, did you experience problems with this combination?

Aaaand, proud to announce: Although we still have a few minor plugin issues to fix, I just released the first beta version of FlatPress 1.3 "Andante".
This also starts the public beta test. Everybody is invited to help testing.
As soon as we know everything works fine, we can (finally!) release 1.3 as stable version.

laborix wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:38 am@Arvid - When will the FlatPress 1.3 version be ready?
Hopefully that won't take too long now :)

All the best,
Arvid