Akismet Blank Screen

Find help with FlatPress plugins, report a plugin bug, request or present new plugins.
anlarye

Akismet Blank Screen

Post by anlarye » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:24 am

Hi.

I have Flatpress running on a site. And want to enable Akismet. But when I go to enable it. The screen is just blank, a pure white screen with no information and the plugin does not enable when I go back to the plugin list.

I am running the 1.2.1 version of Flatpress
I have PHP 8.0

fraenkiman

Re: Akismet Blank Screen

Post by fraenkiman » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 pm

Hello anlarye,

welcome aboard. Please go through the following steps first:
https://wiki.flatpress.org/en:doc:basic ... ncorrectly

Deactivate the Akismet plugin and use the Akismet extension in the Commentcenter.
(Administration area->Entries->CommentCenter->Configure the plugin)
Please give feedback on whether you were successful.

Best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

anlarye

Post by anlarye » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:32 pm

The only place I found cache files is in fp-content/cache so I'm assuming that is the Flatpress cache that needs to be deleted.

I can't deactivate the Akismet plugin because it shows as Disabled on the plugins page. And there is where I get the blank page when I'm attempting to enable it.

I did pull up the site in another browser that I don't use to see what results I would get. Since I don't really want to clear the cache in my main browser at this point. And I get a 500 error when clicking on the Enable link for Askismet in that browser.

anlarye

Post by anlarye » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:52 pm

however. I think it is working as I saw many blocked spam posts in the contact center. just doesn't show as enabled in the plugins

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:59 am

Hello anlarye,
anlarye wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:32 pm The only place I found cache files is in fp-content/cache so I'm assuming that is the Flatpress cache that needs to be deleted.
You can empty the cache in the administration area in the "Maintain" panel. FlatPress has two Akismet interfaces. The older one is the Akismet plugin (deactivated by default). The CommentCenter plugin also has an Akismet interface, which works quite well. However, both plugins do not work at the same time in FlatPress 1.2.1.
anlarye wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:32 pm And I get a 500 error when clicking on the Enable link for Askismet in that browser.
This will no longer happen with FlatPress 1.3 Andante.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io