File and directory permissions issue

For devs and testers: Tests of current development versions, technical details of the code.
fraenkiman

File and directory permissions issue

Post by fraenkiman » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I have an issue regarding file and directory permissions.
I therefore need feedback from as many FlatPress 1.3 Beta 1 testers as possible.

Features to be tested:
  • Please check whether you can open the gallery images in the welcome entry.
  • Please also check whether you can create an .htaccess file with the PrettyURLs plugin and then edit it.
I need the following back as feedback:
  • Have you encountered any problems with these two features?
  • If so, how did the problems manifest themselves?
  • Do you host your web server yourself or do you rent a websever?
  • What server software are you using?
  • Which PHP version are you currently using?
Many thanks in advance
With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: File and directory permissions issue

Post by Arvid » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:18 pm

Hi,

here are my findings on our UD Media server under PHP 8.3.2. In each test installation, I simply downloaded the ZIP file from GitHub, extracted, uploaded to the server and executed the setup. No further changes*.
So for me, your changes from 94780ad did the trick :)
From my point of view, Issue 307 could be closed. Are there other opinions?

On a side note:
With 283 and 284, I the PrettyURLs plugin was enabled right after the install; with 316, it wasn't. (*For the sake of comparability in our test case, I enabled it.)
Is this intended behaviour?

All the best,
Arvid

Update: No access rights problem whatsoever on my local LAMPP stack with PHP 8.0, 8.1, and 8.2 - in none of the three mentioned FlatPress revisions.

fraenkiman

Re: File and directory permissions issue

Post by fraenkiman » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:11 am

Hello Arvid,

Great that the gallery images are displayed again with commit #316. What about the readability of the .htaccess file?
If your server can now read the .htacces file again, the issue can be closed.
Arvid wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:18 pm With 283 and 284, I the PrettyURLs plugin was enabled right after the install; with 316, it wasn't. (*For the sake of comparability in our test case, I enabled it.)
Is this intended behaviour?
PrettyURLs only works 100% with NCSA compatible servers, such as Apache. The distribution of Apache has fallen below 50% in the last 10 years.
https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten ... webserver/

If the FlatPress admin uses another web server that is not NCSA compatible, PrettyURLs will not work.
If the FlatPress admin uses an NGINX server, for example, he must first adapt the server configuration if possible. And it is not yet possible to say whether this will work reliably. I have therefore deactivated the PrettyURLs plugin.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io