New admin theme [Beta][Responsive][Boostrap]

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
franah

Re: New admin theme [Beta][Responsive][Boostrap]

Post by franah » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi, new changes 😊

First of all, we change the github repository. Now, you can download the theme in the official repository, in the “responsiveadmin” branch. (Arvid, can you change the link in this post? Thanks 😊)

Second, I have lots of problems with the Sceditor to integrate it with flatpress. I decided to use only bbcode, but if you want to use html, you need to change only a small line of code (In the future).

A new mini ajax system. Developers can use ajax (In the future, plugins can use this mini ajax system).

A new file manager for the editor. Screenshots:
1.png
1.png (33.6 KiB) Viewed 10761 times
2.png
2.png (29.2 KiB) Viewed 10761 times
Thigs to do:
  • Use custom bbcodes in the editor
  • Fix small bugs.

laborix

Post by laborix » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:31 pm

I am not a fan of direct file access via a file manager in the admin interface, it is a big security risk.

It would be good if only the directories attachs, cache and images are available and everything else invisible/locked. But this is only my opinion.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:15 am

First of all, this thing is really cool!

franah wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:39 pmNow, you can download the theme in the official repository, in the “responsiveadmin” branch. (Arvid, can you change the link in this post? Thanks 😊)
Done :)

franah wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:39 pmA new mini ajax system. Developers can use ajax (In the future, plugins can use this mini ajax system).
This is my main concern right now: Plugins affecting the admin area have to be rewritten. For example, the DateChanger plugin (from the flatpress-extras repository) is not shown in the entry editor any more :(

Some things that occured to me while casually fiddling around:
  • The uploader does not show the selected file, it says "Choose file" although I already selected one.
  • The new admin phrases have to be added to all language files. Switching to German, I got errors due to missing $lang indexes.
  • The Media Manager seems somewhat broken:
    mediamanager.png
    mediamanager.png (71.43 KiB) Viewed 10743 times
  • The File Manager is a nice addition to the entry editor. But I support laborix' suggestion to restrict its view.
I am going to test it more thorougly, though. One tricky thing - besides the plugins - will be handling existing entries, I had some strange effects there. But I want to inspect this deeper first.

Keep up that great work, franah! I will call for beta testers via Twitter, so you get enough feedback from the community.

Thank you very much for your effort!
Arvid

franah

Post by franah » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:42 pm

This is my main concern right now: Plugins affecting the admin area have to be rewritten. For example, the DateChanger plugin (from the flatpress-extras repository) is not shown in the entry editor any more
Don’t worry, I’m going to fix it, plugins don’t need to be rewritten.
The uploader does not show the selected file, it says "Choose file" although I already selected one.
Fixed
The new admin phrases have to be added to all language files. Switching to German, I got errors due to missing $lang indexes.
Yes. Maybe we can use a default language if the $lang index doesn’t exits. For example, if I am using Spanish, and the $lang index doesn’t exit, use the English lang index. If also it doesn’t exits, use the $lang index tag, and don’t show the error.
The Media Manager seems somewhat broken:
Fixed. All plugins which use .tpls, need to be rewritten. I am going to rewrite all plugins tlps included in flatpress by default.
The File Manager is a nice addition to the entry editor. But I support laborix' suggestion to restrict its view.
It just a preview, now it fixed, so you can only see image and attachs folder.

More bugs:
  • Problems with img tag in sceditor
  • Problems with some tags, for example h1, h2 h3 … tags don’t work in sceditor.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:21 am

franah wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:42 pm
The new admin phrases have to be added to all language files. Switching to German, I got errors due to missing $lang indexes.
Yes. Maybe we can use a default language if the $lang index doesn’t exits. For example, if I am using Spanish, and the $lang index doesn’t exit, use the English lang index. If also it doesn’t exits, use the $lang index tag, and don’t show the error.
This is a very good idea, I'd like that.

Croikey

Post by Croikey » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:15 pm

Just wanted to say, love the work on this so far. Great job!

franah

Post by franah » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:17 am

Hi guys, new changes:
  • Updated to bootstrap 5.0
  • Fixed All Bugs
Things to do:
  • Not working in PHP 8.0
It can already be used. (It only remains to update it for php 8)
Croikey wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:15 pm Just wanted to say, love the work on this so far. Great job!
Thanks!!! :D

franah

Post by franah » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:06 am

Hi guys, finally the new admin works on PHP 8.0. You can download it here:

https://github.com/flatpressblog/flatpr ... eadmin.zip

Or in the official github, in the responsiveadmin branch.

We can finally start with the beta of the new admin :)

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:38 am

WOW! I've put off trying this until now, but my gosh... From the login page onwards, this looks and feels so nice to use!

It really makes Flatpress feel a bit less dated. Don't get me wrong, the current Admin Panel is great and does it's job well, but this is very lovely and modern feeling.

The only thing I noticed that has issues was the "Display PHP Info" part of the Admin Panel, as the text formatting could use a bit of work there. Apart from that, not bad at all!

franah

Post by franah » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Tongara wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:38 am WOW! I've put off trying this until now, but my gosh... From the login page onwards, this looks and feels so nice to use!

It really makes Flatpress feel a bit less dated. Don't get me wrong, the current Admin Panel is great and does it's job well, but this is very lovely and modern feeling.

The only thing I noticed that has issues was the "Display PHP Info" part of the Admin Panel, as the text formatting could use a bit of work there. Apart from that, not bad at all!
Thanks a lot. I'll fix that visual bug shortly.

If all goes well, we will release it in flatpress version 1.3.