First beta release of FlatPress 1.2 "Legato": Please help testing

General information and announcements regarding the FlatPress project
Tongara

Re: First beta release of FlatPress 1.2 "Legato": Please help testing

Post by Tongara » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:13 am

Lubomír Ludvík wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:01 am Problem solved: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file"

I correct 5 file.php, problem was "space" before code, now work also in PHP 7.0
Please replace in beta release of FlatPress 1.2

STR; (delete space before) in plugin.accessibleantispam.php
END; (delete space before) in plugin.adminarea.php
JSUTILS; (delete space before) in plugin.jquery.php
LBOXHEAD; (2x delete space before) in plugin.lightbox2.php
STR; (delete space before) in plugin.prettyurls.php

correct_php.zip
Am I the only one completely lost at this point?

Please understand, Flatpress v1.2 is designed for PHP 7.4 and beyond, and not 7.0.

PHP 7.0 reached its end of life on December 3rd, 2018. Changing the code to suit PHP 7.0 is not the aim here, and you should upgrade to at least PHP 7.4 instead of doing that.

If you are having trouble doing such, then please contact your Web Host. If they refuse to upgrade your PHP, then you should look for a new host.

Lubomír Ludvík

Post by Lubomír Ludvík » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:26 am

I disagree, not all users have the option to upgrade the server.
I think backward compatibility is better, after all, delete only a few space.

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:55 am

Lubomír Ludvík wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:26 am I disagree, not all users have the option to upgrade the server.
I think backward compatibility is better, after all, delete only a few space.
Again, PHP 7.0 reached its end of life on December 3rd, 2018. It is important that everyone uses the latest PHP versions, not only for security reasons but also for better performance and support. Flatpress takes advantage of the newer versions and all the included security that comes with them, otherwise we would have never left PHP 5.

You absolutely have the option of what PHP version you use. If you are unable to do so yourself, then contact your webhost, and if they refuse to then switch to a new host that supports such. Why would you pay a host that refuses to do the bare basics?

You are of course free to edit your own files if you choose to keep on using a non-supported version. Of course, any problems and security issues would be your own to deal with. You will of course be able to ask for advice and help here, but most problems are likely to be solved with an answer of "You need to upgrade your PHP version". Good luck, regardless! :D

dsteuer

Post by dsteuer » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:50 pm

Well. Of course updating PHP s better. But if removing a few spaces solves a problem for one user and does no harm to any other?
Seems like a no brainer to me. Remove the spaces and make someone happy.

Detlef

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 am

dsteuer wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:50 pm Well. Of course updating PHP s better. But if removing a few spaces solves a problem for one user and does no harm to any other?
Seems like a no brainer to me. Remove the spaces and make someone happy.

Detlef
Which is why I recommended him to do so if he wishes.

I simply don't believe there won't be any other issues, and this won't be the end of it, as written above. Everyone is of course free to do as they wish with their flatpress installation... Lord knows I do!

I also found the whole "some of us have no option" thing a bit silly. It is what it is, and the user has been given all of the information possible now. I wish them luck on their Flatpress journey. :D

laborix

Post by laborix » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:13 am

Arvid wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:05 pm... Please report any bugs and glitches here in this forum topic. ...
Hi Arvid,

After Setup you get the first entry and in section Styling of this entry the link for BBCode is HTTP insteed of HTTPS. Also in the Leggero footer.tpl file your link to Flatpress is HTTP insteed of HTTPS :D

Ok, next, Administration - Maintain - Check for Updates I see this:

Code: Select all

Warning: Undefined array key "stable" in .../fp555/fp-content/cache/e93fccb09cf8b04111b9595da102f3f4^%%BF^BFC^BFC59AF9%%updates.php on line 12
Warning: Undefined array key "unstable" in .../fp555/fp-content/cache/e93fccb09cf8b04111b9595da102f3f4^%%BF^BFC^BFC59AF9%%updates.php on line 12

You have FlatPress version 1.2.beta1
    Last stable version for FlatPress is
    Last unstable version for FlatPress is

Warning: Undefined array key "notice" in .../fp555/fp-content/cache/e93fccb09cf8b04111b9595da102f3f4^%%BF^BFC^BFC59AF9%%updates.php on line 14
Aside from that, Flatpress Github 555 is running on PHP 8.0.2, you can edit, delete, upload and work :D

I send you a mail with the results from my developer environment after a full penetration test. There is a bit more errors/warnings, but they only appear in the developer environment with penetration test tools :lol:

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Hi,

glad to hear updating went smoothly for everyone. Thank you very much for testing!

Tongara wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:17 am Being honest, after updating the PHP to use 7.4 instead of 7.3 on the server side, my 1.1 installation never had any issues, but future proofing is always a good thing.
Depends on your server configuration. Some servers report every single little PHP notice (although most do not). And there were quite a lot of them (see laborix' posting).

Lubomír Ludvík wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:31 pm On server is PHP Version 7.0.21, Flatpress 1.1 work OK
After install got 5 errors:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /fp-plugins/jquery/plugin.jquery.php on line 25
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /fp-plugins/lightbox2/plugin.lightbox2.php on line 46
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /fp-plugins/accessibleantispam/plugin.accessibleantispam.php on line 139
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /fp-plugins/adminarea/plugin.adminarea.php on line 40
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /fp-plugins/prettyurls/plugin.prettyurls.php on line 663

When I replace this .php with Flatpress 1.1 .php is NO errors.
I think problem is with short_open_tag, but i cannot modify php.ini
Those files use the (quite odd) Heredoc syntax for strings. This only works if the closing tag follows a newline directly. Due to my changes in those files, my IDE reformatted them - the indention causes the error :oops:
As you later mentioned: "delete space before" does the trick. I went a step further and changed all Heredoc strings to "normal" strings. Please give it another shot with the latest GitHub version.

Lubomír Ludvík wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:33 pm I add \setup\lang\lang.cs-cz.php but install is at englisch language.
Unfortunately, localized setup is not part of v1.2 yet - the issue is still open.

Tongara wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:07 pmAt minimum, PHP 7.4 is required for Flatpress v1.2.
In fact, it still works with at least PHP 5.6.
Although you're right that one should run only still supported versions on productive systems, there may always be reasons not to. I've seen it all :)

laborix wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:13 amAfter Setup you get the first entry and in section Styling of this entry the link for BBCode is HTTP insteed of HTTPS. Also in the Leggero footer.tpl file your link to Flatpress is HTTP insteed of HTTPS :D
I fixed the footer, but didn't bother to edit all language files (we have "some" more HTTP links to FlatPress there). But this is no problem at all, flatpress.org forces HTTPS :)

laborix wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:13 am

Code: Select all

Warning: Undefined array key [...]
Fixed :)

laborix wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:13 amI send you a mail with the results from my developer environment after a full penetration test. There is a bit more errors/warnings, but they only appear in the developer environment with penetration test tools :lol:
Fixed some more, see my answer :)

Thank you all very much for testing this thoroughly, this takes a lot of (time) pressure from me. Please check out the latest dev snapshot from GitHub (I didn't build a new update package). If there are no more additional bugs, I'd release 1.2 as final version really soon.

All the best,
Arvid

laborix

Post by laborix » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:09 pm

Arvid wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 pm ...
Lubomír Ludvík wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:33 pm I add \setup\lang\lang.cs-cz.php but install is at englisch language.
Unfortunately, localized setup is not part of v1.2 yet - the issue is still open.
@Lubomír Ludvík
Your comment for only english setup can be fixed by a simple step before you start the Flatpress setup.
Folder /setup/lang - delete the file lang.en-us.php
Folder /setup/lang - copy your language file here and rename it to lang.en-us.php

This works since Flatpress 0.703.5 :D

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:55 am

Attention folks, my yesterday's fix of the heredoc strings was faulty.
I just committet a new version, please test with the new one!

Files affected:
fp-plugins/accessibleantispam/plugin.accessibleantispam.php
fp-plugins/adminarea/plugin.adminarea.php
fp-plugins/jquery/plugin.jquery.php
fp-plugins/lightbox2/plugin.lightbox2.php
fp-plugins/prettyurls/plugin.prettyurls.php

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:54 pm

Arvid wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 pm Depends on your server configuration. Some servers report every single little PHP notice (although most do not). And there were quite a lot of them (see laborix' posting).
Very true!
In fact, it still works with at least PHP 5.6.
Although you're right that one should run only still supported versions on productive systems, there may always be reasons not to. I've seen it all :)
Yeah, maybe "requires" was the wrong word to use, I was trying to more say that it has been updated for PHP 7.4+ for good reason, and as such targets that for the smoothest experience. I think you got what I was getting at, anyway. Of course things are likely to run on older versions still, but running into errors because of this is quite common. I can only give a recommendation, of course, so I hope they have a smooth experience. :D
Thank you all very much for testing this thoroughly, this takes a lot of (time) pressure from me. Please check out the latest dev snapshot from GitHub (I didn't build a new update package). If there are no more additional bugs, I'd release 1.2 as final version really soon.
Nice~