Adding theme information to the wiki

Ask questions about FlatPress themes, present your themes, request new themes.
dsteuer

Adding theme information to the wiki

Post by dsteuer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 am

Yesterday I downloaded Tongara's theme pack from https://mega.nz/#F!4hhAGa5Y!jyE-E3lxQeufWlND0R2Gwg .
All but one of the inlcluded themes worked out of the box in a prinstine flatpress install.

I'd volunteer to push infos about these packages to the wiki, but would like to discuss some details first:

a) Orphaned packages: Most (all?) of the packages above are no longer found at their originial web homes anymore. Should we simply host
the zips in the wiki, of course with attribution?

b) Whai info should be included with each package? Name, URL, tested with what flatpress version, needs GDPR cookie alarm :-), working or not, random notes if any. That is what pops up immediately. What else? JS-libs used? Screenshot?

c) What is a useful minimal test? I just switched from theme to theme, looked at the example page, logged in, logged out and that was it. Is there a minimal subset of flatpress functionality that should be checked?

Detlef

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Adding theme information to the wiki

Post by Arvid » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Detlef, thank you very much for you support.
I did a "little" pre-work by completely rebuilding the themes page on the wiki. It used to be a huge page with all themes on it before, I now created a single page for each theme. Please feel free to add themes in the same manner.

dsteuer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 ama) Orphaned packages: Most (all?) of the packages above are no longer found at their originial web homes anymore. Should we simply host
the zips in the wiki, of course with attribution?
Yep, exactly like that.
dsteuer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 amb) Whai info should be included with each package? Name, URL, tested with what flatpress version, needs GDPR cookie alarm :-), working or not, random notes if any. That is what pops up immediately. What else? JS-libs used? Screenshot?
Please add to the theme page what you have. A screenshot is very helpful to get a first glimpse.
See the existing theme pages for how it could look like.
dsteuer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 amc) What is a useful minimal test? I just switched from theme to theme, looked at the example page, logged in, logged out and that was it. Is there a minimal subset of flatpress functionality that should be checked?
"The Devil is a squirrel", a wise man once said. Many glitches will appear only after really working with the theme. What you listed seems completely good for a miminal "works or not" test.

Thank you very much for doing this!

All the best
Arvid

dsteuer

Post by dsteuer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:18 pm

Added black-minimalism, ezau and gray and tested some more. To those tested I added a subsection "Tested" and works with 1.2.
Will go through the rest in coming days as time permits.

dsteuer

Post by dsteuer » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:34 pm

Done. All old themes off my SSD into the wiki, Tested what I had. Added a "tested" section for the themes tested, added some author info.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:14 pm

This is ab-so-lu-tely stunning, thank you very much for all the hours (!) spent on updating the wiki. Great job!

All the best,
Arvid

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:21 am

Brilliant work, dsteuer!