Use PHP in entries

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
Lubomír Ludvík

Re: Use PHP in entries

Post by Lubomír Ludvík » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:47 am

Tongara: Move to the previous page

Code: Select all

[html]<a href="javascript:history.back(1)">Back</a>[/html]
dsteuer: autor is ChrisBlank https://wiki.flatpress.org/res:plugins: ... #inlinephp

dsteuer

Post by dsteuer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:18 am

Oh, ok, corrected. I even looked at the legacy page but missed it.

You have linked a version 1.8.2 for download, on the legacy page there is 1.0. Can you say, where do you have 1.8.2 from, because Chris' page has gone
from the nets.

Lubomír Ludvík

Post by Lubomír Ludvík » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:40 am

Sorry, I compare "version" and all is 1.0

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 am

Lubomír Ludvík wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:47 am Tongara: Move to the previous page

[html]<a href="javascript:history.back(1)">Back</a>[/html]
Haha I am well aware on how to create a back link in Javascript. If you read my post again, that is not exactly what I am trying to do here. It is appreciated, though.

Will put here again, just in case anyone misses it in all the other discussion.
Tongara wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:03 am With how my website is set up, I wanted the option of adding a custom "Back" link to Static pages much like you see on the main news post pages and index page of flatpress. The idea would be that the static.tpl would contain a line of code for the back button, and it would somehow grab it's code from elsewhere on a static page using a PHP echo so that I could define the target URL on the fly.

So, on the static template the "a href" would work something like this:

<a href="<?php echo $link;?>">Back</a>
Then of course comes the plugin code, which can be seen in the following file:
https://mega.nz/file/8lgXDSSL#dKqbPuJYp ... v8vjcLJgYY

Then based on the code above, I define the actual link on a Static page in the following way:

[pagelinks]pagename[/pagelinks]
Sadly, the URL never gets defined, and as such the URL ends up as "mysite.com/<?php%20echo%20$link;?>" instead of "mysite.com/pagename".

I've made sure the plugin is enabled, and I can see in the site's header that the plugin is loaded on the page. I'm sure I'm just missing something really small and I'm going to feel like an idiot when it's pointed out what I'm doing wrong, but the forums are here to help support us, so I'm looking forward to feel foolish! haha

Maybe there is a better way than using PHP for this task? I'm open to ideas!

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Tongara wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:03 am Sadly, the URL never gets defined, and as such the URL ends up as "mysite.com/<?php%20echo%20$link;?>" instead of "mysite.com/pagename".
You need to tell your plugin to assign Smarty variables.

function yourFunction() {
	global $smarty;
	$smarty->assign('yourvariable', 'some value');
These can then be used in the templates:

<a href="{$yourvariable}">Back</a>

Lubomír Ludvík wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:09 pm plugin inlinephp
http://flatpress.cz/flatpress/fp-plugin ... inephp.zip

[exec]echo(rand(10,100));
echo PHP_VERSION;[/exec]
This might look like an easy time saver, but be aware that this opens a complete new dimension of risk.
If I manage to get into your admin account, the most evil I can do is destroying your blog's content (deleting entries and files, changing config etc.). Just exactly the functions FlatPress and its plugins provide.
But if you have this plugin enabled, I could use every function of PHP to break out of your FP instance and f**k up your server, or to set up my own malware on it, e.g. a spam relay or phishing sites.
I strongly advise against using such a plugin. Instead, build your plugin that does exactly what you need, but nothing more.

Maybe we should add this warning to the wiki page as well.

dsteuer wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 am Arvid: There is a superfluous copy in res:plugins. Looks like only admin can remove files after upload.
Found a few files there ;) These two can be deleted?

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:29 pm

Arvid wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:21 pm You need to tell your plugin to assign Smarty variables.

function yourFunction() {
	global $smarty;
	$smarty->assign('yourvariable', 'some value');
These can then be used in the templates:

<a href="{$yourvariable}">Back</a>
Would I still be able to set what that variable is on a per static page basis (as my code awas attempting to allow me), or would it just be the same variable every time? Because the former is the desired behaviour.

I'm also a bit overwhelmed about how to add such to my existing code, so any advice with the code I've posted would be super.

dsteuer

Post by dsteuer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:26 am

Arvid wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:21 pm [
dsteuer wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 am Arvid: There is a superfluous copy in res:plugins. Looks like only admin can remove files after upload.
Found a few files there ;) These two can be deleted?
Yes. Those were my mistakes.

Detlef

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Tongara wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:29 pm Would I still be able to set what that variable is on a per static page basis (as my code awas attempting to allow me), or would it just be the same variable every time? Because the former is the desired behaviour.

I'm also a bit overwhelmed about how to add such to my existing code, so any advice with the code I've posted would be super.
Unfortunately, I am too short of time atm to build working example code :(
For now, please inspect how other plugins utilize Smarty variables. It's easy to find, they all call $smarty->assign().

It would be great to have some sort of tutorial on how to develop plugins and use Smarty one day. I put that on my list.

dsteuer wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:26 amYes.
Done 8-)

Tongara

Post by Tongara » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:40 pm

Fair enough. I think I'll just focus on my blog content for now and maybe come back to this at some point in the future.