Second beta release of FlatPress 1.2 "Legato": Please help testing

General information and announcements regarding the FlatPress project
Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Second beta release of FlatPress 1.2 "Legato": Please help testing

Post by Arvid » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:33 am

Hi folks,

after intensive testing and bugfixing FlatPress 1.2.beta1 (see the forum topic - thank you very much!), I just released the second beta of the upcoming FlatPress 1.2.
It contains fixes for all reported bugs so far. Let's give beta2 a last round of testing, and then we're ready for the final release!

Testing
This is a beta release. It is meant for testing, not for production use. Please report any bugs and glitches here in this forum topic. Thank you!
If everything works well, the final version of FlatPress 1.2 will be released very soon.

Installation
Download 1.2.beta2.zip and follow the easy installation steps documented on the FlatPress download page.

Update
To update from 1.1 (or 1.2.beta1) to 1.2.beta2, please use the update package 11to12beta2.zip. The 1.1 update instructions on the FlatPress download page apply for 1.2.

Detailled Changelog
For the detailled listing of changes, please refer to the changelog on GitHub.

All the best,
Arvid

dsteuer

Re: Second beta release of FlatPress 1.2 "Legato": Please help testing

Post by dsteuer » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Installed just fine. --- Of course!

One (minor) question: flatpress is all about minimal and nothing is wrong to ask for something resembling a mail adress during setup.
But why is it essential to ask during setup? And if I chose so, why shouldn't I be able to operate flatpress without any associated
mail adress?

I was just surprised I couldn't skip giving that information. In my opinion it's not needed at that point.

Detlef

dsteuer

Post by dsteuer » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:19 pm

.htaccess again

May be I can propose a change in wording for the pretty-urls config:

This editor lets you edit your /flapress/base/root/.htaccess

Directly afterwards, if not writeble:

At the moment either /flatpress/base/root or /flapress/base/root/.htaccess or both aren't writable for the webserver.
You either can give write permission or create .htaccess like below manually and copy or upload to flatpress/base/root .

Then follows the editor window.

And /flatpress/base/root should of course show the path for the current installation.

Detlef

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:29 pm

Thanks for the new beta. I'll update my website soon.
Meanwhile I have checked again my language pack and I hope this will be the final one.
Download from here.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:27 pm

When adding a comment, there is no question to answer after installing the version 1.2 "Legato". It just shows the $question...did I miss something in the set up?

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:39 pm

WineMan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:27 pm When adding a comment, there is no question to answer after installing the version 1.2 "Legato". It just shows the $question...did I miss something in the set up?
Have you activated at least the Accessibleantispam plugin?
If no, activate it into the plugin section, but personally I suggest to use the recaptcha plugin or to install the fpcaptcha one

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:02 pm

Yes, the Accessibleantispam plugin is enabled by default and as I far as I can remember, that is all I had enabled in version 1.2 alpha.

I also have the responsiveadmin version of flatpress on the same local server and the question is displayed there.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:08 pm

Anyone else have any idea why I only see $question and not the actual question in the comment form?
comment.png
comment.png (7.3 KiB) Viewed 15455 times

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:13 am

WineMan wrote: ↑Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:08 pm Anyone else have any idea why I only see $question and not the actual question in the comment form?

comment.png
Same problem on my website, plus recaptcha is not working, even activated

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:18 pm

dsteuer wrote: ↑Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:07 pm why shouldn't I be able to operate flatpress without any associated
Interesting question, I will look into this.

eagleman wrote: ↑Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:29 pm Meanwhile I have checked again my language pack and I hope this will be the final one.
Added, grazie mille!

WineMan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:27 pm When adding a comment, there is no question to answer after installing the version 1.2 "Legato". It just shows the $question...did I miss something in the set up?
My bad :roll:
It's fixed now, thanks for reporting!

eagleman wrote: ↑Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:13 am plus recaptcha is not working
Can you please test againg with the latest dev version?

dsteuer wrote: ↑Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:19 pm May be I can propose a change in wording for the pretty-urls config
Thanks for this suggestion, I created an issue.