Problem with Black Minimalism Theme on FlatPress 1.2

Ask questions about FlatPress themes, present your themes, request new themes.
treeMan11111

Problem with Black Minimalism Theme on FlatPress 1.2

Post by treeMan11111 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi,

I'm super new here, and testing to see if Flatpress is something I want to commit to and move away from some of the bloat and "black box" feeling that I've been having working with Wordpress sites over the past year...

I really like the look of the Black Minimalism Theme, and am testing it out on my own "testbed" site at www.garstin.ca/aiki - but on my narrower monitor, the menu section of the sidebar seems to float off to the right hand side of my screen, about halfway down.

Anyone interested in helping me cipher out how to fix this? I barely familiar with PHP, so just randomly poking through files hasn't revealed too much to me yet about where to even look to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your patience with a total newb. I'm happy to provide a screenshot if you can't replicate this behaviour...

Peace.

WineMan

Re: Problem with Black Minimalism Theme on FlatPress 1.2

Post by WineMan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:46 pm

Having tried the minimalism theme, I am having the same problem and I believe that is the nav menu that should be displayed right under the image in the header. Unfortunately I don't have much more php knowledge and am at a loss to fix it. Hopefully one of the gurus on the forum will provide some assistance as it appears the developer of the theme is no longer using flatpress.

eagleman

Re: Problem with Black Minimalism Theme on FlatPress 1.2

Post by eagleman » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:42 pm

I can confirm the visual problem. I have modified the wikipage accordingly.