Arabic RTL direction

Ask questions about FlatPress themes, present your themes, request new themes.
ibrahimist

Arabic RTL direction

Post by ibrahimist » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:53 am

Hi!

I want to set the theme from right to left for an Arabic blog

I use this code:
html { direction:rtl; unicode-bidi:embed; }
in: fp-interface/themes/leggero/leggero-v2/res/common.css

But not thing is changed unfortunately

Would you mind help me please

eagleman

Re: Arabic RTL direction

Post by eagleman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:05 am

Unless someone more expert than me can solve your problem, the only advice I can give you is to use a RTL structured theme, like for example Bluebayou or iGray (this one available in both ways RTL and LTR).

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat May 01, 2021 9:39 am

Hi, and welcome to the FlatPress support forum! :)

I have a freshly installed FlatPress with Leggero v2 as active theme. I just add these two lines to the defintion of "html" in fp-interface/themes/leggero/leggero-v2/res/common.css:

Code: Select all

direction:rtl;
unicode-bidi:embed;

Refreshing the page, I instantly see the punctuation marks (!?.) have moved from the right to the left side ("!Welcome to FlatPress" instead of "Welcome to FlatPress!"):

Can you get it working this way?

All the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Thu May 06, 2021 4:05 pm

If you followed the suggested steps and still don't see the effect, please clean the FlatPress template cache: Go to your admin area, then "Maintain" -> "Purge theme and templates cache".
To be sure your browser cache doesn't cause trouble, just reload your blog with Ctrl+F5. This forces the browser to freshly fetch every ressource of the page from the server: Images, scripts, style sheets.

Let us know if that worked for you!
All the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯