Unable to add image in my post

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
Xman

Unable to add image in my post

Post by Xman » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:07 am

So I love this software and it will be my dream to use it but I am having trouble adding images to my post.
The post editor did not provide the option to attach or upload images either from remote computer or by url .

I use Image but it returned invalid image, but I can I you that the image url is valid.

Ps: I am a novice in this.

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Unable to add image in my post

Post by Arvid » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:06 pm

Hi and welcome to FlatPress :)

The basic way to insert an image into an entry is:

Code: Select all

[img=images/myimage.jpg]
This works with external images as well:

Code: Select all

[img=https://example.org/anotherimage.png]
To upload an image to your FlatPress blog, use the "Uploader" panel of the admin area.

You don't have to type the img tag into your entry manually, though. The easier way is the right of the two the dropdown lists in the editor toolbar. It contains all your uploaded images; clicking on one will insert the img tag for this particular image at the current cursor position of the editor.

You may wish to have more control over the behaviour of the image, like its dimensions or floating direction. In this case, please refer to the "Images" section of our BBCode documentation.

And finally, I recommend trying out my plugin PhotoSwipe which provides a very appealing fullscreen display of the images, especially on mobile devices.

Hope you have fun using FlatPress!
All the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:31 pm

Just to be more complete, into the tag [IMG] you can use a nice addition with a space after the image link. If you put "scale=XX%" you'll obtain a clickable thumbnail that shows the original image. Obviously XX means the percentage of your image, and remove the "" of course.

Xman

Post by Xman » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:31 am

Wow, thanks so much for the quick response I am grateful.

sheriff

Post by sheriff » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:17 am

If you have lots of posts and photos, after a while this will be quite overwhelming when trying to choose a photo from the drop down menu.

If you need to be able to find your file name quickly when adding a photo, make sure you upload your file through ftp to the /fp-contents/images/ directory and then rename your file to something easy to remember. And then add the code in Arvid's post.

If you need an img code real quick, just pick a random photo from the drop down menu and then just replace the name before saving your post to view the photo to check to see if it works.

Welcome to Flatpress blogging. Everyone here is cool. Flatpress is the best ever! :D Thanks to the developers that made this possible. I love this script!

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:21 am

Xman wrote: ↑Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:31 am Wow, thanks so much for the quick response I am grateful.
This is what our support forum is for :)

sheriff wrote: ↑Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:17 amIf you need to be able to find your file name quickly when adding a photo, make sure you upload your file through ftp to the /fp-contents/images/ directory and then rename your file to something easy to remember.
My best practice is just to name the image files by the entry date before uploading. See the file names of the floating images in this blog entry. Just 2021-07-03_1.jpg, 2021-07-03_2.jpg and so on. This makes them much easier to find in the dropdown menu as well!
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

dart

Post by dart » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:09 am

eagleman wrote: ↑Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:31 pm Just to be more complete, into the tag [IMG] you can use a nice addition with a space after the image link. If you put "scale=XX%" you'll obtain a clickable thumbnail that shows the original image. Obviously XX means the percentage of your image, and remove the "" of course.
Thanks !