New tech blog

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
WineMan

Re: New tech blog

Post by WineMan » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:29 pm

I would like a copy of that theme Giacomo...and thanks for your efforts.

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:22 pm

WineMan wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:29 pm I would like a copy of that theme Giacomo...and thanks for your efforts.
I posted the new theme into the Theme section of the forum. Download it, test it and tell me what do you think.
Any advice for corrections, improvements and so on is welcome.

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:21 pm

eagleman wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:03 pm Hello Deltalima.
I have downloaded both your themes and I merged it into a new one.
In other words I have downloaded snail orange theme and the main theme of your blog with the tux on it and I created an hybrid theme using the colorful theme but with the simple header of snail orange.
I called it Rainbow and you can see the result on my blog.
If you like my simple mashup of your themes I can publish it on the wiki.
I have only to test it with FP 1.3 beta.
Hi eagleman! I'm glad you liked it and made some modifications and used it in your blog! I also had the plan to put it into the Theme Section of the wiki, but the actual state in my branch is not ready for release IMHO so I would like to wait with it :D Some little bugs need to be squashed (with comments in a post the footer gets an link for the comments link, weired. havent located that yet).

I like your name "rainbow" for the theme, matches very well :) If its ok for you, I would like to use it as Name for the theme when i release it to the Themes Section (as told, i need to fix some bugs and generalize it :) )

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:25 pm

Sure.
There is only a little bug to fix.
I have two links into the menu called Home and Blog that point both to the homepage.
Apart this little issue I think is possible to publish it on the Wiki.

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:27 pm

Alrighty, I made a new git repo for the rainbow theme, threw out my personal stuff from there and made it more generic and cleaned things up a bit (i left much comments from my developing in there). The Flatpress Logo is now the default ;)

Also left a comment in your Thread for the theme, thanks for creating it. viewtopic.php?p=2269#p2269

Please find all further changes and updates to the theme in the Wiki Page: https://wiki.flatpress.org/res:themes:rainbow
Or it's Git Repository: https://git.la10cy.net/DeltaLima/flatpr ... me-rainbow

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:40 pm

eagleman wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:25 pm Sure.
I have two links into the menu called Home and Blog that point both to the homepage.
Hello, i fixed the issue. I had a double link to the home page.
Now I can use any theme, not only Rainbow, without having a double link to the same page.

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:20 pm

eagleman wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:40 pm
eagleman wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:25 pm Sure.
Hello, i fixed the issue. I had a double link to the home page.
Now I can use any theme, not only Rainbow, without having a double link to the same page.

Gald to hear you could fix it! :)

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:31 am

fraenkiman wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:29 pm Hello DeltaLima,

welcome aboard! Thanks for the write up on NoWhereMan's SyntaxHighlighter plugin :+1: . I have tested the SyntaxHighlighter-NG -plugin on the development version of FlatPress. It works very well :smile: . Nice stuff! It does cause a few layout/CSS glitches in the individual styles of the FlatPress theme Leggero, but they can be fixed quickly.

With best regards
Frank
Hi Frank! Thanks for the report - i will try to reproduce the behaviour you mentioned. Where exactly did you noticed the CSS Glitches with the plugin enabled? :)

Best greetings from Berlin!
Marcus

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:38 pm

Marcus, welcome aboard the FlatPress forums :)

Thank you very much for your contributions, I like the colorfulness of the Rainbow theme and the nerdy and smooth look of the Syntax Highlighter plugin. Great work, Marcus (and Giacomo as well)!

(Oh, and it's always my greatest pleasure to see you guys supporting each other here...this is the real FlatPress spirit, love it!)

All the best,
Arvid

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:13 pm

DeltaLima wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:31 am Hello DeltaLima,

Hi Frank! Thanks for the report - i will try to reproduce the behaviour you mentioned. Where exactly did you noticed the CSS Glitches with the plugin enabled? :)

Best greetings from Berlin!
Marcus
Hello DeltaLima,

a glitch is visible on your demo/test page when I access your demo/test page with Windows 11. The line numbers are then offset to the code line. The longer the codeblog, the bigger the offset.
I have solved the problem by having the plugin also provide the appropriate web font. You were with your plugin the trigger, why I wrote the Webfonts plugin :D . I find Ubuntu Mono sexy as a code font.

The 3 FlatPress styles could not be easily designed by the prism.js themes either. Leggero-v2 did not take the font of the plugin. With Leggero and FlatMaas-Rev the codebox was not the right size and not aligned correctly.

I moved to this, and then created a separate stylesheet for each of the three FlatPress-Leggero styles. To do this, your modified plugin reads FlatPess' style config and sets the appropriate prism.js stylesheet. This can be handy for users who use FlatPress's default styles for testing, or are generally reluctant to css design. If you use your own theme, you can specify the appropriate prism.js theme in config.php as usual.

You can find your modified plugin on Github.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io