Cannot save an entry as "draft" in 1.3.dev (smarty)

For devs and testers: Tests of current development versions, technical details of the code.
virtualsky

Cannot save an entry as "draft" in 1.3.dev (smarty)

Post by virtualsky » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:43 am

In addition to the issue I have with 1.3.dev (smarty) not displaying visits values, I have also discovered a problem with saving entries as Drafts. That is, I can't. When I do, the Entries admin page no longer works. The browser pauses during page load and after 40 seconds or so, just stops and I'm left looking at a blank page. The only way I can get the Entries admin page to show up again is to log in to my server and delete the newly created .txt file in the fp-content drafts folder.

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I certainly am.
It ain't retro to me.... it's just how I live!
https://www.thegrove.in.nf/retroblog

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Cannot save an entry as "draft" in 1.3.dev (smarty)

Post by Arvid » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:50 pm

Hi, thanks for reporting.
I can reproduce this: Checking "Draft entry" and then hitting "Save&Continue" works fine. But if I press the "Publish" button instead, FP seems to "hang" as you described. (Can you confirm this difference?)

I got it back working normally by deleting the fp-content/index folder and rebuilding the index (Admin Area -> Maintain). Deleting the draft filewas not sufficient.

Bad news: I wasn't able to find the cause yet...

All the best,
Arvid
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯

virtualsky

Post by virtualsky » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:02 am

Hi, Arvid! Thanks for taking the time to test this out. I don't get the same results.

If I check off the "Draft" setting and Save & Continue, my Entries Admin screen is no longer accessible for me. This time, however, I kept the editor screen open on one tab and tried to access the Entries page on another tab in my browser. Once I unchecked the "Draft" option and then re-saved and continued, I could once again access the Entries screen on the second tab.
It ain't retro to me.... it's just how I live!
https://www.thegrove.in.nf/retroblog

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:23 pm

Finally, this is fixed. See also this topic - same problem.
Thank you very much for reporting! :)
πŸ“ Project blogβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“– Docsβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ¦ Twitterβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ˜ Mastodonβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Forum RSS feedβ€ƒβ€ƒπŸ“œ Project blog RSS feed  ❀️ Donate

Save the date: FlatPress Community Meetup in πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ Berlin on March 23rd! Announcement, Forum Topic

πŸ”₯ How to rework your themes and plugins for FlatPress 1.3 / Smarty 4 πŸ”₯