The requested URL was not found on this server.

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
carl078

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Post by carl078 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:41 pm

Hello,
I installed flatpress on a raspberry and it works. Then I tried to install again in another raspberry (where apache works and I installed php8.0) but the url does not work.
How can I understand what's happened?

fraenkiman

Re: The requested URL was not found on this server.

Post by fraenkiman » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:43 pm

Hello @carl078,

I/we don't know what happened.
A firewall may be blocking access to the PRi's HTTP/HTTPS port.
  • What do you mean by "URL"? The home network IP under which the RPi can be reached or a domain?
  • Can you call FlatPress locally from another home network device using the RPi's home network IP?
  • Does FlatPress work if you call FlatPress directly on the RPi with http(s)://127.0.0.1/ +server root?
  • Which FlatPress version are you using?
  • What do you say in the file settings.conf.php (/fp-content/config) in the line 'www' ?
Best Regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

carl078

Post by carl078 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:43 pm

Hello fraenkiman and thank you for your reply.
I'll answer following the same sequence you asked me.
1) with URL I mean the home network IP. I want that the blog can be reachable only inside my intranet at home.
"The requested URL was not found on this server" is the message I receive when I try to reach the blog. It is the "classic" Not found of a website.
I have other static web pages that I can see but they are inside /var/www/html/ directory.

2) No. I can't call Flatpress in any way...at least until my last attempts.

3) No, I tried now.

4) 1.2.1 I think it is the last.

5) inside fp-content directory there is only delete.me file. While in the working flatpress that I installed in the other RPi there are many directories and file..also the one you wrote. Why ? :/ Is this directory populated only when the blog is properly installed?

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:47 pm

Hm, apparently the setup hasn't been run yet. Therefore try to open http(s)//setup.php in the browser.

If that doesn't work, create a new php file in the server root directory with the following code:

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Then check by calling the newly created php file whether there is an output.

Best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?

carl078

Post by carl078 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:13 pm

Thank you fraenkiman for your reply.
I understood that the problem was that, I don't know why, I have static web pages in /var/www/html then I had to move the flatpress extracted directory there.

Now I have another problem... I wrote an entry with a picture and I can't see neither the text nor the picture. Why?
I attach a schreenshot.
flatpress-1.jpg
flatpress-1.jpg (21.84 KiB) Viewed 3538 times
If I click on the link "Benvenuti!" the link doesn't open and the blog shows the same page in the attachment.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:17 pm

Is the picture in the fp-content/images folder? You can either upload it with FTP or with the uploader although if you are not connected to the internet, you probably just have to copy the image to that folder.

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:50 pm

Hello @carl078,

your new problem cannot be assigned exactly.

Are you 100% sure that Serverroot = /var/www/html? Depending on the server configuration, it can also be /var/www.
What do you say in the file settings.conf.php (/fp-content/config) in the line 'www' ?

Therefore check whether a text file "entry221006-******" already exists in Flapress-root/fp-content/content/22/10. You can open this with an editor and see if the post with your picture is included there.

Another cause may be that the owner and file rights are incorrect. All files and (sub)directories should be owned by www-data.
It is also worth checking whether all files and (sub)directories are on 0777. ...if so, then create a new test contribution and test it.

Best regards
Frank

carl078

Post by carl078 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:44 pm

WineMan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:17 pm Is the picture in the fp-content/images folder? You can either upload it with FTP or with the uploader although if you are not connected to the internet, you probably just have to copy the image to that folder.
yes it is, i uploaded it with uploader

carl078

Post by carl078 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:53 pm

fraenkiman wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:50 pm Hello @carl078,

your new problem cannot be assigned exactly.

Are you 100% sure that Serverroot = /var/www/html? Depending on the server configuration, it can also be /var/www.
What do you say in the file settings.conf.php (/fp-content/config) in the line 'www' ?

Therefore check whether a text file "entry221006-******" already exists in Flapress-root/fp-content/content/22/10. You can open this with an editor and see if the post with your picture is included there.

Another cause may be that the owner and file rights are incorrect. All files and (sub)directories should be owned by www-data.
It is also worth checking whether all files and (sub)directories are on 0777. ...if so, then create a new test contribution and test it.

Best regards
Frank
In settings.conf.php , www line, there is
'www' => 'http://192.168.178.38/casa/'

I had to put the IP during the configurationg otherwise I had an error.
"casa" is the name of the directory inside /var/www/html

I also found the text file "entry221006-******" and It contains my post as I wrote it.

I verified that All files and (sub)directories should be owned by www-data.

all files and (sub)directories are NOT on 0777 but on 755. I changed 0755 to 0777 but I can't still my post with text and image..only the Title

I also tried to reinstall and create in another directory /var/www/html/test but the result is the same. Only a post with the title but not the test and image.
Could it be related to the /var/www/html folder?

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:02 pm

Hmm, strange. From other sources I know that FlatPress runs on PHP 8.0. I still use PHP 7.4.30 from the Raspberry OS repository.

It might make sense to uninstall the server and set it up again. I am happy to provide you with my notes.

These include Apache FPM+MySQL (Maria-DB) PHP 7. I assume that although my notes are for PHP 7.4, they will also apply to PHP 8.0.

I would be happy if you would write to me with the results of the reinstallation.

Best Regards
Frank