Markdown plugin: destroys the menu bar and entries

Find help with FlatPress plugins, report a plugin bug, request or present new plugins.
fraenkiman

Markdown plugin: destroys the menu bar and entries

Post by fraenkiman » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi all,

in the current fp-1.3dev [master] the right menu and entries are displayed incorrectly after I enabled the markdown plugin.

Possibly there is a conflict with the BBcode plugin.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Re: Markdown plugin: destroys the menu bar and entries

Post by Arvid » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:45 pm

Hm, I need to inspect that. Thanks for opening the issue!

Does the Markdown plugin at least work properly with the BBCode plugin deactivated?

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:06 pm

Hi Arvid,

with the state #772 unfortunately Markdown does not work. In the order

1 Enable Markdown
2 Disable BBCode

I even get a server error 500. Only after deleting the plugins.conf.php the blog was reachable.
The bug Markdown without BBCode remains.

Attached is an excerpt of the syslog:

Code: Select all

Dec 12 23:45:59 frank-web php: PHP Notice:  Undefined property: Smarty::$_tpl_vars in /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-includes/smarty-4.3.0/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1321
Dec 12 23:46:27 frank-web php: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function plugin_bbcode_init() in /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-plugins/audiovideo/audiovideoplugin.class.php:166
Dec 12 23:46:27 frank-web php: Stack trace:
Dec 12 23:46:27 frank-web php: #0 /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-includes/core/core.wp-plugin-interface.php(134): AudioVideoPlugin::initializePluginTags()
Dec 12 23:46:27 frank-web php: #1 /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-includes/core/core.system.php(196): do_action()
Dec 12 23:46:27 frank-web php: #2 /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/admin/main.php(170): system_init()
Dec 12 23:46:27 frank-web php: #3 /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/admin.php(6): require('/var/www/html/f...')
Dec 12 23:46:27 frank-web php: #4 {main}
Dec 12 23:46:27 frank-web php:   thrown in /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-plugins/audiovideo/audiovideoplugin.class.php on line 166
Dec 12 23:46:29 frank-web php: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function plugin_bbcode_init() in /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-plugins/audiovideo/audiovideoplugin.class.php:166
Dec 12 23:46:29 frank-web php: Stack trace:
Dec 12 23:46:29 frank-web php: #0 /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-includes/core/core.wp-plugin-interface.php(134): AudioVideoPlugin::initializePluginTags()
Dec 12 23:46:29 frank-web php: #1 /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-includes/core/core.system.php(196): do_action()
Dec 12 23:46:29 frank-web php: #2 /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/admin/main.php(170): system_init()
Dec 12 23:46:29 frank-web php: #3 /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/admin.php(6): require('/var/www/html/f...')
Dec 12 23:46:29 frank-web php: #4 {main}
Dec 12 23:46:29 frank-web php:   thrown in /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/fp-plugins/audiovideo/audiovideoplugin.class.php on line 166
Dec 12 23:48:47 frank-web php: PHP Notice:  Undefined property: plugin_indexer::$enabledlist in /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/admin/panels/plugin/admin.plugin.php on line 52
Dec 12 23:48:47 frank-web php: PHP Warning:  in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/flatpress-master-smarty/admin/panels/plugin/admin.plugin.php on line 88
With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Party crasher here is the AudioVideo plugin that relies on the BBCode plugin. Please deactive it as well.

I need to check for the presence of the BBCode plugin like I suggested for DateChanger and DownloadCounter...

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:09 pm

Hi Arvid,

I opened a new #773 instance without the AudioVideo plugin.
The error also occurs with the following plugin combination.

Code: Select all

<?php

$fp_plugins = array (
  0 => 'accessibleantispam',
  1 => 'adminarea',
  2 => 'archives',
  3 => 'blockparser',
  4 => 'categories',
  5 => 'commentcenter',
  6 => 'favicon',
  7 => 'gallerycaptions',
  8 => 'jquery',
  9 => 'lastentries',
  10 => 'lightbox2',
  11 => 'markdown',
  12 => 'mediamanager',
  13 => 'photoswipe',
  14 => 'prettyurls',
  15 => 'qspam',
  16 => 'readmore',
  17 => 'searchbox',
  18 => 'thumb',
);

?>
Therefore I suspect a problem in the Markdown plugin code.
With best regards
Frank

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:50 pm

But now it's just BBCode not being parsed, no real errors - right?
In this case, all contents of course would have to be rewritten in Markdown, the static page "Menu" for example, in order to be displayed properly. After all, the BBCode parser is deactivated ;)