New Rainbow theme

Ask questions about FlatPress themes, present your themes, request new themes.
eagleman

New Rainbow theme

Post by eagleman » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:02 am

As already mentioned here, I created a new theme called Rainbow.
I have to test it with Flatpress 1.3 but it works great with 1.2
This theme works with the blog and the admin panel.
Download it from here, test it and if you like it I can publish the new theme on the wiki.
Any suggestion for changes, errors or else is welcome.
Attachments
rainbow.zip
New Rainbow theme
(98.86 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

DeltaLima

Re: New Rainbow theme

Post by DeltaLima » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:30 pm

I want to avoid things going apart, so it would be better if it lies in a git to have everything on track.

From the original snail-orange git repo I seperated my deltalima-blog branch into a seperate git repo, so it is more clean:

So please find the theme under this link:

https://git.la10cy.net/DeltaLima/flatpr ... me-rainbow

In difference to eaglemens thrown together zip from my snail-orange forked theme and its "deltalima-blog" branch, in this repo I threw out all the testing stuff I left in my personal branch and adjusted some things like the <pre> background color to a better fitting one of the theme.

Please find there the latest .zip release of it or checkout the latest master. Bugs can be reported in this thread. :)

Download: rainbow_v0.9.zip

For the beginning, the theme has the version v0.9 as there is still the little comments-link bug.

Have a lot of fun with my snail-fork! :)

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:32 pm

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:28 pm

slightly updated v0.9.1 released: rainbow_v0.9.1.zip

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:49 pm

Since I had moved the Search module into the header of my previous theme, the Search module under the Rainbow theme does not line up properly as seen in the attached screenshot. How would I stretch the header portion of the Rainbow theme to fix this issue on my site?
rainbow.jpg
rainbow.jpg (17.02 KiB) Viewed 7408 times

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:16 pm

interesting whats going on there :D

it looks to me, that there are many many divs inside another (every div in in the left side (column.css) gets this transparent background)

Would be interesting if you could share what modifications you made, so I can get a better idea of whats going on :)

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:56 pm

I have been using Madig's Leggero-v2 version theme but I have moved the Search module in the header as mentioned in my previous post. The other modifications are mostly in the plugin section. You can see my site at https://fredsfollies.com/parole/ to give you a better idea.

I also noticed that after trying the Rainbow theme, there was no Admin link for me to go back and change the theme again. Luckily, it was still in my history and I was able to get to the admin module that way.

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:51 pm

WineMan wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:49 pm Since I had moved the Search module into the header of my previous theme,
how exactly did you do this? Just moving the Widget to the top or have you modified some code?
WineMan wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:49 pm How would I stretch the header portion of the Rainbow theme to fix this issue on my site?
To make the header longer, you can edit the width for the settings for the id 'head' in res/common.css,

Code: Select all

#head {
  	/* Change on both the width to your value */
  	width: 680px; !important;
	width: 680px;
	height: 128px;
	font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif;
	float: center;
}

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:47 pm

I added the following code to the header.tpl file under the <div id="head"> line.

Code: Select all

<div class ="alignright" id="widget-searchbox">

<form method="get" style="display: inline;" action="{$smarty.const.BLOG_BASEURL}/search.php">

<input type="hidden" name="stype"  value="full">
                                <input placeholder="Search Bar" type="text" name="q">
                                <!--<button><i class="fas fa-search"></i></button>-->
                                  <font color="#fff">Search</font>
                            </form><br><br><br>
							<!--<a href="{$smarty.const.BLOG_BASEURL}newsletter/subscribe.php"><font color="#fff">Subscribe To The Blog</font></a>-->
			</div>
If I remember right, I just moved the search module code from the sidebar to the header.

As for extending the width of the header, I tried your suggestion with no change.

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:52 pm

ok i see. The thing is, that in this theme the header is not just a single <div> with content, its three floating <div> in a "container"-<div> (id head), so you have to consider some things.

where would you like to have the search widget in the header? to the right between title and logo or directly below the title?