Responsive theme

Ask questions about FlatPress themes, present your themes, request new themes.
taralushi

Responsive theme

Post by taralushi » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:17 pm

Hello,
I find flatpress great, simple, clear and self-explanatory without many bells and whistles. Unfortunately I can't find a responsive design that works without issues. Can the forum help me to get a good working responsive design. One that is usable is FlatMistyLoook. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Ps: Maybe responsive design can be solved in version 1.3 ?

eagleman

Re: Responsive theme

Post by eagleman » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:24 am

You can try these themes

Graymatter
Minisimple
Pivotx-en
probably you can try Rainbow theme.
Let me know if any theme works for you.

taralushi

Post by taralushi » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:41 am

Thanks for your answer. All of them have issues. I will stick with FlatMistyLoook. Do you know when Flatpress 1.3 will be out?

eagleman

Post by eagleman » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:58 pm

taralushi wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:41 am Thanks for your answer. All of them have issues. I will stick with FlatMistyLoook. Do you know when Flatpress 1.3 will be out?
I don't know. I have already updated the italian langpack but Arvid is the only person who can answer to your question.
I think Fp, first of all, needs of a powerful antispam system to avoid unwanted comments or messages via contact form, plus all the other refinements.
We have only to wait for the official release.

WineMan

Post by WineMan » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:37 pm

Tried using the FlatMist theme and my screen displayed a white page. The error log provided this error:

[php7:error] [pid 19356:tid 2196] [client 127.0.0.1:62044] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "file:C:\\usbwebserver8.6.3\\root\\flatpress-master\\fp-interface\\themes\\flatmistylook\\admin.tpl" on line 1 "{include file=cpheader.tpl}" - Unexpected ".", expected one of: "}"

Also just noticed this error message:

[php7:error] [pid 19356:tid 2188] [client 127.0.0.1:62135] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template 'file:admin.tpl' <-- \n thrown in C:\\usbwebserver8.6.3\\root\\flatpress-master\\fp-includes\\smarty-4.3.1\\libs\\sysplugins\\smarty_internal_template.php on line 196

I am using a local server on my laptop running PHP version 7.4.27

laborix

Post by laborix » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:33 am

WineMan wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:37 pm... The error log provided this error ...
... on line 1 "{include file=cpheader.tpl}" - Unexpected "." ...
Smarty 4.x wants the include-specifications in all Theme .tpl files in quotation marks like this:

Code: Select all

{include file="cpheader.tpl"}
{include file="footer.tpl"}
Try this FlatMistyLook download, it should work.
flatmistylook-fix-samrty-4-x.zip
(240 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
Please, can someone add this corrected version to the FlatPress Wiki?

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:06 pm

Hello Laborix,

thank you very much for the compatibility fix. I have added the theme to the wiki.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

taralushi

Post by taralushi » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:06 am

Hi Laborix,

there is an issue with adding pictures in a post after uploading them. A picture cannot be added via the input field,
It would be great if you can help to fix it. Enclosed a picuture what I mean.
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 07-59-49 Freiberufliche Übersetzer und Übersetzungsbüro. « Administrationsbereich « Beitrag schreiben « Beiträge.png
Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 07-59-49 Freiberufliche Übersetzer und Übersetzungsbüro. « Administrationsbereich « Beitrag schreiben « Beiträge.png (95.36 KiB) Viewed 24877 times
*PS: Just found out that the the whole menu is not clickable.
laborix wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:33 am
WineMan wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:37 pm... The error log provided this error ...
... on line 1 "{include file=cpheader.tpl}" - Unexpected "." ...
Smarty 4.x wants the include-specifications in all Theme .tpl files in quotation marks like this:

Code: Select all

{include file="cpheader.tpl"}
{include file="footer.tpl"}
Try this FlatMistyLook download, it should work.
flatmistylook-fix-samrty-4-x.zip

Please, can someone add this corrected version to the FlatPress Wiki?

laborix

Post by laborix » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:38 am

taralushi wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:06 am... there is an issue with adding pictures in a post after uploading them. A picture cannot be added via the input field,
It would be great if you can help to fix it. Enclosed a picuture what I mean. ...
Yes, the problem has been known and forgotten again since the first porting in 2021.
Anyway, here is the patched version of the theme.
Smarty-4-x-and-textarea-fix.zip
(242.4 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
@fraenkiman
Could you please delete the version in the wiki and replace it with the current version here?
Vielen Dank :)

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:37 pm

Hello all,

the patched version is now available via the wiki.

Best regards and good start into the new week
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io