Questions regarding posting

This is the right place to report general bugs, make suggestions or ask for help.
notuo

Questions regarding posting

Post by notuo » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:04 pm

Hi.

I am newbie here. I have some questions if you are so kind to help me.

1) I noticed there is a Hidden post pending publication option in the new entry page. I did that but I am not able to find that entry anymore. Any hint where to find those hidden entries?

2) Is there a way to program an entry to be published?

What I want (you already can see this) id to type the entries in advance and then publish them in an specific date. Is that possible?

3) Change the publication date.

As follow up with the prior questions, I noticed today as the date is presented in the blog for an entry I just typed. Is there a way to change that date?

Thanks in advance,

fraenkiman

Re: Questions regarding posting

Post by fraenkiman » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:31 pm

Hello notou,

welcome on board!
notuo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:04 pm 1) Any hint where to find those hidden entries?
See in the administration area in the menu "Entries", submenu "Manage entries". At the top you will see "Drafts". You will find what you are looking for.
notuo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:04 pm 2) Is there a way to program an entry to be published?
I am not yet aware of any way to automatically publish a finished article at a specific time.
notuo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:04 pm 3) Change the publication date.
The DateChanger plugin is the right one for you.
It is available for download in the wiki.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

notuo

Post by notuo » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:01 pm

Thank you fraenkiman for the welcome and the answers.

1) Hidden in plain sight, I never noticed that :shock:
2) Such is life
3) Found the plugin and tested. All OK

Have a great day!

Notuo

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:12 pm

notuo, welcome to FlatPress :)
notuo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:04 pmIs there a way to program an entry to be published?

What I want (you already can see this) id to type the entries in advance and then publish them in an specific date. Is that possible?
This is actually a really nice idea for a plugin. Just some thoughts: Entry is stored as draft, and the desired publication date is set (analog to the DateChanger date bar...?). The plugin periodically checks for entries to publish and does so as soon as the publish date is reached. Triggers for that may be a cronjob or even every single page view executed by blog visitors.

Just to persist these ideas - a little plugin coding fun, anyone? ;)

All the best,
Arvid