Happy FlatPress meeting in Berlin (Germany)

General information and announcements regarding the FlatPress project
fraenkiman

Happy FlatPress meeting in Berlin (Germany)

Post by fraenkiman » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:52 pm

Hello everyone,

Marcus @DeltaLima has approached me with the suggestion of organizing a small FlatPress meeting.

What do you need to bring? Yourself, a laptop and a lot of fun and creativity to solve previous problems and realize ideas.

My suggestion is the period from March 20 to 28. Anyone who is also seriously interested in a FlatPress meet-up is welcome to leave a comment here or via the social media channels.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?
:bulb: You'll find it here.

My :de: FlatPress-Blog: https://frank-web.dedyn.io

fraenkiman

Re: Happy FlatPress meeting in Berlin (Germany)

Post by fraenkiman » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:52 pm

Hello everyone,

Marcus @DeltaLima has organized a room for us on probably 23.03.2024 in the c-base Berlin. Tables, chairs and WLAN will be provided. A club meeting will take place on 01.03.2024. We can use this opportunity to present the FlatPress project and attract new users. As soon as I know a time when the club meeting will take place, you will find it here.

With best regards
Frank
:pencil: You are strong in PHP and Java Script? :point_right: Then help us to improve FlatPress. :point_left:

:exploding_head: Looking for ideas, templates, examples and answers to frequently asked questions?

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:39 am

Hello everyone,

here is a short summary of today's c-Base general meeting.

The c-Base is located directly on the river Spree in the city center of Berlin. Nearby is the S-Bahn and U-Bahn station JannowitzbrΓΌcke and the bus stop of the same name.
Marcus @DeltaLima and I presented the FlatPress project to around 10 c-Base members. We announced between 5 and 10 people. The premises offer space for significantly more people. The interior is iconic. It reminded me of my LAN party days, when I used to roam the youth clubs with a heavy PC and CRT monitor.

The date has been set for Saturday, 23.03.2024 from 20:00! Don't be shy, the boys and girls there don't bite. Don't forget to bring your ideas and a laptop.

With best regards
Frank

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:54 pm

This is so exciting - oh how I wish I could be there!
Please share to word on your favourite socials! We explicitly invite people who don't know FlatPress yet to learn about it!

I felt free to update our blog entry on flatpress.org - hope you like my little #happyflatpressberlin image :D

Image credits:
"Moscow, Borisovo Ponds, Blue sky with clouds, Russia" by Vyacheslav Argenberg, published under CC-BY 4.0.
"Berlin Silhouette Skyline Art Drawing - Clipart - SVG / PNG / PDF / WMF" by GDJ, published under CC0.

DeltaLima

Post by DeltaLima » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:42 pm

Unfortunately I cannot participate in person tomorrow as it was planned, but I will attend by Video call. This offers also other people, which are not in berlin to join our first flatpress community meeting :)

The online part of the community meeting will be hosted on senfcall. The link to the Call is: https://lecture.senfcall.de/del-8w4-wki-1go
I will be online in the Senfcall from from 20:00 ongoing :)

fraenkiman

Post by fraenkiman » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:28 am

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I was still assuming that my conjunctivitis would heal by today. Unfortunately, my mirror disappointed me today.
bhe.jpg
bhe.jpg (102.6 KiB) Viewed 692 times
We will therefore be holding the FlatPress community meeting virtually online. Marcus @DeltaLma has already opened a room on senfcall yesterday.

Start remains at 08:00pm/ 20:00h.
The link to the Call is: https://lecture.senfcall.de/del-8w4-wki-1go

With best regards
Frank

Arvid
FlatPress Coder

Post by Arvid » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:18 pm

This eye picture gets me everytime I see it :lol:

Guys, this was fun! Fraenkiman, DeltaLima and me met online in a video conference. In the first place, it was really nice to see the guys I work with for quite some time!

We discussed whether Markdown could be used as second standard markup language for FlatPress (outcome: The idea is quite tempting, but all plugins so far extend BBCode...).
Also, we agreed that an automatic updater would be a great improvement for FlatPress.
And then we finally tackled the last open issue on our list for FlatPress 1.3: The missing output of the PostViews plugin. And guess what: Together we fixed it! This finally opened the door for the release of FlatPress 1.3 RC1 - please help testing ;)

Can't wait for the next community meetup - and for all you others taking part in it. It's always exciting to see the people you usually only write to - even if only virtually. Maybe next time we'll plan the date a little longer in advance - and as an online meeting (or hybrid) right from the start.

Now let's give the Release Candidate a proper testing, and then we finally have our stable release of FlatPress 1.3 "Andante"!

All the best,
Arvid